Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, November 4, 2022

Forgotten Friday #202 - Narcissa Constantine

 This name was really familiar, and I was sure that this UTAU had a ton of banks. That was Meera Constantine! Narcissa just sounds more like a "main UTAU" name to me, but she was the younger spin-off of Meera.

Forgotten Friday #202 - Narcissa Constantine

Narcissa is an evil little girl who will torment anyone or anything... As long as her big sister Meera isn't watching. She is twelve and loves her doll, but hates stereotypes of kind little girls.

Who is Narcissa Constantine?

icon from official site

In this installment of A Spectrum of Apple Skins, I'm going to include something that's impossible as far as I know, but was in the mini-series Mars on National Geographic. Live video calls from Earth wouldn't work on Mars because of the delay due to light only going so fast. But, it would be really boring for an extremely tense argument to be punctuated by six-minute stretches of waiting for your reply to arrive.


Franz was beaming as he sat down at his desk. His mother had arranged to video call him to discuss news she had had leaked to her. He knew what the news probably was, and he was thrilled. 


Meanwhile…


"Oh come on!"


The camera snaps to Franz.


Oh, hey.


He tilts his head back and looks up at the ceiling before turning to the camera and asking, "Do I ever get to be the main character? Weren't you planning…" He realizes I'm going to cut him off and he sighs.


I know you spend every day being second fiddle, but I'll make a deal. We condense this into one quick info dump and I won't make you go through your boss telling you you're just a mediocre warm body that couldn't do his one job of populating Mars further.


"Well," Franz glances back at the screen. In the suspended, fourth wall breaking state, the monitor was frozen in the middle of a loading screen. He looks back to the camera and nods before continuing. "I was just going to call with my mom and my new dad. His name is Malcolm, and he's the best. Because he's black, my mom has lost literally every single biological family member except for me. Especially because my oldest sister, Jolly Sue, kind of helped create a really nasty and racist cult. It's a really bad situation for Mom, but knowing that my family loves her helps her forget for stretches of time."


Yeah! Malcolm was going to tell you that you guys are basically billionaires.


"What?!"


Basically, you live on a hippy science commune where money doesn't exist. Because of that, he had to manage all of the royalties for your wife's intellectual priorities. She's one of the most beloved living authors on Earth… despite being on Mars.


"Does that mean?!"


If you mean, 'does that mean you can leave as soon as you are medically able to because new dad will start production on a movie that will completely recoup the costs of the near warp space ship tickets on its opening hour?'


"Hot dog!"


But, then you have to remind him that bodies that have never been on Earth, even when fast tracked as fast as possible, need at least three years of physical therapy to be able to leave Mars for Earth.


"Dang it."


That lined up with the original timeline, though. So at least you'll get there as soon as possible without spending all that money!


"You're right, but I don't like that you're right." He pauses. "But!!" Franz smiles brightly and throws his arms into the air. "I got the job of my own merit. Everything was anonymous until right before the decision was made. If I wasn't qualified, they would have thrown my application out."


That's nice!


"Yeah! It was the next to last stage of decisions when the president of the university gave all of the applications a glance over. More information was added each round. He saw I was born in Appalachia and moved to Mars. He decided in that moment that the job was all mine. He didn't know I was related to one of the biggest movie stars or married to one of the most beloved authors!"


Because I'm the author, I know he wasn't lying. I'm happy for you!


"Thanks!" 


Now, we're going to move on! Thanks for being a good sport, Franz!


Next week, more Mars! Next time is the last time we're on Mars!


How is Narcissa Constantine's bank?

Narcissa just has one bank available for download: her act 2. The link on the Wikia was taken down by a dude named Michael. I would really love to hear that story!

The OTOs need work on this one pitch CV bank, but it is hiragana encoded with romaji aliases, but the aliases were set up strangely with one line with no romaji alias, then a duplicate with the alias.

Her voice is adorable, but you can tell that she is annoyed with the situation of being made to sing. Or, I imagined that knowing what her character was. She sounds great! And, the "r" samples are pretty darn good!



Where can I download Narcissa Constantine?

You can download her from her official website! I love this UTAU! Though we only have one Narcissa bank, I am really happy that the voice provider has other UTAUs! I hope people who prefer CV start to use Narcissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment