Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, November 18, 2022

Forgotten Friday #204 - Vintage ZILCH / ジルチ

The voice provider's name is really long, so I decided instead of saying void-contains-all's ZILCH, I'd use his "real name". 

Forgotten Friday #204 - Vintage ZILCH / ジルチ

Zilch is a 15 year old boy who likes high places and dairy, but hates smoke and the cold. Zilch is bad at emotions and tries to be someone else around everyone else. If he wants to seem one way with one person, he'll make up a new persona. The next person gets another persona. He tries to distance himself from everyone, but if someone breaks through his walls, they will have his eternal loyalty.

He is a hybrid human-cat personification of a void.

Who is ZILCH?

official concept art from utau fandom

This week on A Spectrum of Apple Skins, we see who Belinda really is as a person!


"So, Belinda," the psychiatrist picked up a folder and opened it before setting it back down.


He was Mr. Brown. Not a doctor, as he was just a nurse practitioner. He was overseen by a network of doctors on Earth that handled all of the colonies outside of Earth. While Belinda was grateful that he was trained by Americans and not Martians, she had lodged a few formal complaints for his overtly Martian behaviors.


Belinda rolled her eyes. She knew what was coming.


"Your test scores are phenomenal." Mr. Brown's hair shone in the dim, warm lights that filled his office. Everything on his cluttered shelves was a pleasant sepia - even the globe of Earth. He continued, "Are you sure -"


She cut him off. "Do you forget who my parents are?"


"Well, just because…" 


"I watched this sham of a society abuse my parents." Belinda leaned back in her chair. "And, did you know that using the internet, we can talk to people on Earth?"


"Well, I don't have many contacts…" He grimaced. He had been checking up on Belinda at every step of her transition into Earth living. 


Belinda let out a sarcastic laugh. "Legally, you can all keep me prisoner if I don't follow protocol." She narrowed her eyes in the way that made Mr. Brown's blood run cold. "But I've spoken to scientists on Earth. The supplements that make me want to stab myself and carve out my stomach? The weights? All of it is either too much or a power play to make people never leave this wasteland."


"Well…" Mr. Brown nervously looked away. "Your test scores…"


"I do not care if I am the product of Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking boinking!" Belinda raised her voice. "I do not care about my test scores! I am following in my mother's footsteps and going into the humanities, not science!"


"I understand…" 


"Look," Belinda lowered her voice. "You get it. You wanted to be a big scientist, right? Managing a lab sequencing genes?"


"Yes." He slowly nodded. 


She smirked. "But you were too dumb, weren't you?" She watched him flinch. "You were too stupid to even touch the science equipment in the high school lab." She laughed. "You flunked. You had to run away to the 'soft' sciences."


(Belinda had deep respect for medical healthcare professionals, and viewed psychiatrists as more important than some guy watching people put things into machines to find the perfect soybean. However, she hated being poked and prodded into considering staying on Mars. As a child, she had extreme difficulty properly aiming her anger.)


"Not at all… no… I just…" He turned his face so that he couldn't see Belinda. "I have a seizure disorder. I couldn't be in a lab. I had to see a mental health professional who helped me through not being able to have my dream job. His helpfulness made me realize that this job was right for me."


"Oh, how nice!" Belinda laughed. "But your parents visit your nieces and nephews more than your kids, right? Oh." She put her fingers on the corner of her lips and dragged them down into an exaggerated frown. "You have none because the only people who would touch a 'mental health professional' are the eighteen year olds who come here from Earth." She lowered her hands to her side and smirked. "They get snapped up during freshman orientation. You're a little too old for that, huh?"


Mr. Brown threw himself up from his chair and glared at Belinda. "Just shut up." He let out a deep breath. "You are a demon. You are a horrible person, and I don't think you'll ever grow out of it. I will write whatever I need to to get you off of this planet. Just shut up and stare at the wall until your appointment is over."


Belinda let out a laugh before turning to her side and throwing her legs over the armrest of the chair she was sitting in. She pulled a book out of her pocket and started reading.


Wow! Belinda is not a very nice person when you're part of a system that doesn't treat people fairly! Let's go back to Apple Bloom and Emily in the next installment of A Spectrum of Apple Skins!


How is ZILCH's bank?

ZILCH has a one pitch, hiragana encoded CV bank. There are romaji aliases, but there are samples missing. "bo" and "po" are nowhere to be seen. It's an okay young male voice, but I got spoiled with the last few articles!



Where can I download ZILCH?

You can download him from his UTAU Fandom page. It may be hard to work around missing samples, but it should be possible if you're okay with substitutions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment