Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Wiki Wednesday #195 - Akemi Daiki

 I was aggressively told to credit THEONENAMEDZOE in the rules. (I'm being silly, it was just in all caps.)

Wiki Wednesday #195 - Akemi Daiki

If Zoe ever reads this, I would really like to know the meaning of the name and how it relates to space!

空ける (akeru) means to make space and changing ru to mi makes Google translate say empty sky. For Daiki, I just am so drawn to Dai = 大, I can't start to think about how to make it about space.

Akemi has a very cool backstory that is worth reading on her Wikia page. I don't think I'd do her justice by trying to sum it up here. She's very tall, very old, and loves milkshakes.

 As a small note, I understand what was intended, but I cropped the image for the icon specially because it could be a trigger for someone as the galaxy design on her skin can look like healing bruises to someone for whom that is a trigger. 

Who Is Daiki Akemi?

Art from Wikia
.

"Supposedly" fictional Chia here.

Captain Clark didn't really follow the rules. The entire point was to laugh and make fun of the people of Borph for believing that people in costumes were animals. However, he was buying into the fantasy a little too much. He gave the guide permission to just read his cue without any interaction with us because he loved all of the silly tricks.

The first exhibit was just people in two-person horse and cow costumes. Their trick was just swaying side to side. There were a lot of exhibits like that. (Author's note: I wanted Chia to reference David S. Pumpkins but she told me 'what is that?' and I dropped it.)

The moment it changed for me was when one of the tricks was playing sports. A man in a poorly made beaver onesie was holding a soccer ball. He waved it around in circles around his head. I snapped and started laughing. I have no idea why, but the fact that that's not how you play soccer put me over the edge. There were more silly, fun things like that, and I just couldn't stop laughing.

The tour guide brought us to a cafe. It doubled as a petting zoo. He explained that, for legal reasons (I giggled), the animals in the petting zoo were not people. He grabbed us some coffee and pastries. While he was sitting down to keep us company, I saw a thing. 

I don't like animals. My species doesn't like animals. But this animal was the most perfectly adorable thing to me. I asked what it was with a joy in my eyes that almost no one had ever seen. He was confused. It was just a normal, as they called it, shoulder rider. He reminded me that this was technically a petting zoo.

I jumped out of my chair so quickly it nearly toppled over. I grabbed it and held it up. Most people would probably think it wasn't cute. It was just a furry worm shaped thing with small eyes and a pointy snout. It made a soft popping sound as thin, spindley legs extended and grabbed onto my arm. I felt its tiny paws as it climbed onto my shoulders and wrapped its lanky body around my neck.

I rushed back to my seat and asked if I could keep it. The tour guide was just confused, so Captain Clark answered first. He would allow me to hold onto it on his ship, but I'd need to bring it back home with me to my mother's house if the next Captain I was stationed with didn't allow it.

The tour guide was baffled. He told me that shoulder riders were generally thought of as ugly, bad pets. I was the first guest to even want to touch one.

I didn't respond to what he was saying. I just asked if I could hug it. He showed me how to get it off of my shoulders. I pulled it close to me and wrapped my arms around it. I felt claws hook into my shirt and let out a happy noise I didn't know I could make.

He explained that you can't play with most shoulder riders. They're lazy and dislike moving on their own. He pointed at the one I was holding. She specifically was old and hated moving. I pulled one arm away from the shoulder rider and grabbed my phone. I took a picture of me and the animal and sent it to my mother with the caption "can I keep her???"

How is Akemi Daiki's bank?

Akemi had two banks, but one was taken down. The remaining bank (v2) is a one pitch Romaji encoded bank with hiragana aliases. The otos are wonky, but she has a full and stern voice with a feminine tone. The accent is noticeable, but accents are nice things to have!



Where can I download Daiki Akemi?

Download her bank and read her story on her Fandom page! She is a cool utau with a cool design!

No comments:

Post a Comment