Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, May 26, 2023

Forgotten Friday #231 - みどりねまりも / Midorine Marimo

 still can't get over how much this one Piece of tech, a Bunch of fans, is making me happy.

Forgotten Friday #231 - みどりねまりも / Midorine Marimo

This utau is so problematic, my jaw kinda dropped when I put two and two together. I won't spoil the fun of figuring out why, so moving on.

Who is Marimo Midorine?

Art from official site.
.

Tobias was leaning against the tree he kept his burner phone in. It was still on Connie's property, but it was completely hidden from the house.


Charlotte was out of breath with leaves in her hair as she marched to Tobias. Of course, he wasn't disguised in any way. He was so tall, she had to crane her neck to make eye contact.


Tobias let out a soft laugh before snapping his fingers and shrinking down to a normal human height. As he shrunk, his long elven ears morphed into typical human form.


"I don't have anything for you." Charlotte took a deep breath. "And you're not distressed. Why the call?"


"Oh, perhaps we should be worried." Tobias rocked back and forth on the balls on his feet. "She's begging to go to a diner, just like all of her friends in her books."


"Then why don't-" Charlotte paused. She looked up at the sky as she sucked on her teeth. Of course, Connie was McKenzie's legal guardian. If her or Tobias took her into town, they could be arrested for kidnapping.


"How hard would it be for the esteemed Lottie Pendragon to negotiate a change in custody?" Tobias couldn't help but smirk as Charlotte scowled at her old name.


"Charlotte Penn and you know it, Sigurd." She noticed the irony of her also using his old name, but he didn't flinch. He had no real connection or reaction to any name humans used for him. Well, at least except for Mr. Elf. That one he was very sick of.


Charlotte rubbed her arms through her sleeves as she looked up at the leaves on the trees. McKenzie was still eleven and too young to bring into the school. Even if she wasn't, the beautiful fall leaves reminded Charlotte that the school year had been in session for a while. It didn't feel exactly fair to start McKenzie early in the middle of a semester.


"When she's gone, I'm gone." Tobias looked up at the sky also. "I've hated Connie for so long, but I wasn't going to let the kids starve."


"Yeah." Charlotte slowly nodded.


"Char, I mean..." Tobias lowered his gaze. Charlotte flinched as she realized what he was trying to imply.


"No." She met his gaze. "You know I grew up with house elves. I hated everything about it." She angrily pointed at his chest, "And don't even pretend like you're interested in us being a thing, because I know you are not interested in us being a thing!"


"Hey," he smuggly laughed, "Was it not worth trying? You have a nice apartment." He composed himself. "I still still want to have a job once this is over, and you know I have more to offer than being a magical invisible butler."


Charlotte furrowed her brow.


"You want to teach kids how to live as normal people, right?" Tobias paused. "Why not let me teach a class?"


How is Midorine Marimo's bank?

Marimo has a one pitch CV bank with an average pitch of B3. It's... A bank? The samples are really low quality, but I don't know if that's an intentional filter or a microphone issue. It sounds better with adjusting the otos, but you can't fix short consonants and the ringing quality. The voice type seems mismatched with the character, but then again, maybe it's exactly how the person who designed her envisioned her voice.


Where Can I download Marimo Midorine?

Her official webpage is here. This is a very interesting utau.

No comments:

Post a Comment