Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Wiki Wednesday #220 - Yumeki Tamashine / 夢来魂音

I want to go nyoom. But I am tired.

Wiki Wednesday #220 - Yumeki Tamashine / 夢来魂音

Yumeki is a seventeen year old man with no defined personality. I think he's from Russia.

Who is Tamashine Yumeki?

Official art from Wikia

.

Again, it is fictional Ouura.

The surgeon was obviously at a loss for words. He wanted to leave as much of my anatomy intact as possible. But what could he do about my bivalve foot of a tongue?!

He mused that perhaps he could culture a tongue with the correct musculature using my genetic material, but that would mean cutting out my existing tongue. But, at the same time, would that be so bad? He would need to remove probably three-fourths of it for me to be able to speak at all. If he debulked it from the bottom, would it learn how to roll from side to side? Could he use the excess to lengthen it? Would it need lengthening if it wasn't connected at the bottom at all?! He exclaimed that the morgue trip was excessive and less helpful than he had even thought at the time!

I cleared my throat. He broke out of his frustrated cycle. I asked about teeth.

"Oh, teeth…" He smiled - he had a small victory. He knew that my teeth would be a metal that could not be corroded by stomach acid. A non-toxic enamel would be periodically applied to give the appearance of teeth, but I could just have silver teeth if I was lazy.

But… he sighed. The whole stomach issue. I reassured him that I wasn't trying to be perfectly 'human'. I just, primarily, wanted to speak English.

I could tell he was starting to spiral again. He explained that to perfectly speak English, I needed a nose. But how?! It could be done in phases - start with the same metal he used for my teeth and slap silicone over it to begin. Then culture a new nose… but would acid just start leaking out? Would there be no skin on the inside? Could they grow skin on metal? The plate on the roof of my mouth needed to secrete acid! That was the key component of me eating, and my tongue was actually one of the only things inside me that didn't produce acid itself. 

"I could slap a mask on you and be done, Beatrice." He looked down at the floor. "You'd never speak English, but I'd never have a chance to ruin your life. You can't press undo on this. You could hide the seams with makeup and be beautiful and quiet."

"I want to be ugly and loud." I wished that the text to speech could use the emotion I wanted to use. "My beauty is irrelevant. George would love me even if I had no face. What does an ugly face matter if I could speak English?"

He mumbled something about jobs. I pointed out that he knew that George's parents had more money than some small planets. If they wanted me to be pretty, he could make me a pretty mask for when I needed to perform for them. But I wasn't vain.

He nodded. He explained that he didn't feel comfortable planning out the transformation just yet. He knew that I needed a jaw. He paused. "I think you'll need a tracheostomy."

I quickly switched to a search engine on my phone. I looked down and visibly flinched.

"Just until your tongue is fixed!" He nervously held up his hands. "We'll need to wire your jaw shut, and the space will be smaller, even without the new compartment for the nose. Even at its most relaxed, your tongue will completely block your airway." He sighed. "and, of course, a feeding tube."

I looked down at my phone. I thought about who I could call for reassurance. Who would support this? Minha was always bitter about her surgery, even though she was happy to have it. George didn't want me to change. Madia always supported surgery, but she kept me out of the Union to protect me. Would she ask me to go through with this if she knew what state I would be in while it was happening? No. No one I loved or cared about would want to see me with my mouth wired shut with a hole in my throat.

But, they would all be happy if I could smile and laugh and tell them I loved them in English.

How is Yumeki Tamashine's bank?

Yumeki has a one pitch, Romaji encoded CV bank. There are some random samples to probably make it easier to use for a different language. The otos are good for 2013. The voice is very nostalgic as it has a sound that is reminiscent of the early Fandom, like Tomero Chii and Kurane Zanda.


Where Can I download Tamashine Yumeki?

He can be downloaded from his Fandom page. He is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment