Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, November 13, 2020

Forgotten Friday #99 - 日暮れキキ / Higure Kiki

1. If I do five articles every day for ten days, that is fifty articles. If I extend that to twenty days, that is one hundred. If I went all out and attempted for forty days, I would be allowed to download more UTAUs. I love downloading UTAUs, so I'm going to work very hard to get that achievement. The numbers serve the same purpose as the numbers on the Wiki Wednesday articles that should be coming out soon, but it is not a competition against dice this time. Just a number and little more.

Forgotten Friday #99 - 日暮れキキ  / Higure Kiki


Everyone loved Yoyopines! I don't know of a single person who didn't. He was a little reclusive and had to quit UTAU for years while he was enlisted in the military, but all of his work was stellar for the respective era, and he never made anyone feel bad. He was always ahead of the curve; his 2014 work was above average in 2014. He never fell off quality-wise. (Note on the military: both Israel and South Korea have compulsory enlistment unless there is a valid religious or medical issue. Him doing his time in the military isn't a reflection on who he is the way that being in the military could tell you who an American is.)

Higure Kiki is one of his banks, though the voice provider was Kawaiikikio. I actually have no memory of Kiki, so this will be fun!

Who is Kiki Higure?

Official Art Packaged with bank

Her design is perfect and I love it. You can tell that Yoyo was putting a lot of effort into imitating "kei style". 

As a random aside, KEI's art for Miku was objectively not that great. But oh dang, KEI is an amazing artist now, and it's sad to me that "his style" came from some of his objectively worst artworks. I mean, look at it! I dare you to find a single error here. Whereas KEI style Miku has sausages that were dipped in blue paint for fingers and a broken ankle. I only point out the issues to make it more clear why I am wildly flailing my arms at KEI's modern art.

Kiki's design is nearly perfect to me. She has black hair and matching black animal ears. I don't know why they read "goat" to me, but I think they're meant to be cat ears. Her eyes are red - they are a bit too warm toned for me, bordering on orange. She has typical anime bangs and hair that reaches just past her hips. Her dress is modest aside from exposed shoulders. I believed she was wearing a camisole under hr dress, but those were tendrils of her hair. Her navy dress goes past her knees and just shows a bit of skin, as her lower legs are covered in adorable white go-go boots with charcoal soles. There is a bow and lace on her dress. The bow matches her apron, which also has lace. The lace is white, whereas the apron is a light blue. To top off the adorableness, she has a tiny little hat with a bow attached to her purple headset microphone. 

Her birthday is January 1st, 1996. Her canon age is thirteen years old, despite that. Her character item is a cleaver.

How is Higure Kiki's bank?


Kiki only has one bank - a single, romaji-encoded CV bank. The OTOs aren't good, but this is a 2010 bank. The bulk of the samples were literally recorded on January 1st of 2010!

There are a few issues, but she has such a cute and sweet voice! I adore her! She sounds her age and she sounds like her design.


Where can I download Kiku Higure?


Well, I've been burnt by trusting Nicovideo descriptions would stay around, so here you go. The only way this bank becomes inaccessible is if Yoyo deletes the bank from 4Shared. I really, really want people to use this UTAU. 

9 comments:

  1. hi! i'm not able to download kiki because her vb is on 4shared and i'm not letting 4shared have access to my gmail and social media. could you pls put her vb up on another downloading site? i would really apprecciate it if you did! speaking of which, i really hope yoyopines doesn't put meipoid's vb(s?) on 4shared

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      While I don't feel comfortable reuploading it, you definitely need to get a burner email! You're right to not want to let sites you don't trust have your information, but it's quick and easy to make emails that you don't care about that aren't linked to you! There are sites that allow you to create email addresses that will self destruct, but it's just as effective to go to Outlook or Yahoo and make a new email address :)

      Delete
    2. that's a good idea. but still, 4shared wants my email just so i can download a file

      Delete
    3. what i meant was i don't know my 4shared wants my email so i can download a file. btw, what sites do you reccomend that allow me to get a self-destructive email?

      Delete
    4. While it doesn't self destruct, I've heard very good things about protonmail! It doesn't require any personal information to create an email address, so 4Shared will know nothing about you when you use your protonmail address to sign up!

      https://protonmail.com/

      Delete
  2. hi, is this blog still active? this is actually quite shocking for me to find this hahaha, but yoyo and i are still around :~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uuuh actually idk if i'll remember checking the comments here but u can hit me up on tumblr or discord under the same username if there's anything we can solve! higure kiki's continuation is SIO (formerly ushine shio) - who is getting a reboot soon as well

      Delete
    2. hi! i was able to get Kiki's voicebank, so everything's good! it's cool to see you're still around, i hope to see SIO when they release!

      Delete