Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #89 - 水音アクア / Mizune Aqua

1/2. So, yesterday... Yesterday was just an hour ago and I've already forgotten it. I couldn't even hop on my PC for some reason, so I told the dice, "Hey dice. I'm taking a day off. Is that cool?" And the dice did not speak because it wasn't even a physical object. I was really lucky to roll a 2 on my final day so I can catch up. If I do catch up, then I will win if you believe the dice gave me permission to skip a day. But, I think I deserve it because like, to beat the dice, I will have written like twenty articles. That is many articles.


Wiki Wednesday #89 - 水音アクア / Mizune Aqua


Y'all, y'all won't believe this. The Kun'yomi of water is sui. The Kun'yomi of sound is ne. It's a two kun'yomi package! There ain't no dang on'yomi hanging around. All Kun'yomi.

So, I have covered another UTAU that came from this bowlroll. I have no idea how I found these UTAUs, by the way. This one has been downloaded over two hundred times, but I haven't seen her like... acknowledged? There's a major break in the case. This UTAU is romaji encoded and a tester UST is included. The UST was made using an UTAU named "Angel OTO" and belongs to someone named "Vinicius Ohkawa". "Oh" can be a stylized way of saying "Oo" as in "Ookawa". But the given name is... Not... exactly pronounceable in Japanese. And... Was Aqua's original name Angel Oto? Or was this just something made to help make the OTO for a bank named Angel?

Here's my head canon, because I doubt anyone will challenge it. Vinny is half Japanese and uses the name Hideki in most formal situations. (The kanji name they give on the bowlroll is usually read as Hideki, but for some reason the author is listed as Kiseki. Not sure about that.) He prefers English to Japanese at any chance he gets, which is why the bank is encoded in romaji. He has a little sister who has lived in Japan longer than she has lived anywhere else, and that's how the pronunciation is really spot on.

Or, due to the "u"s being slightly rounded and some "r"s rolled, they are just Latinos living in Latin America.

Now, this usually belongs in the how is the bank section, but people are coughing and talking while the kid is recording.

How did I find this.


Who is Aqua Mizune?

Do you still call it official art packaged with bank when it is a render of a 3D model?

 


So, of course there's no information beyond her voice provider being ベチ and her age of fifteen. (Her height is included (145cm) but I always ignore that.) 

So, there are two options to how you read the readme. The first line is "ダウンロードしていただきありがとうございます". How does Google Translate translate "Thank you for downloading"? "ダウンロードしていただき、ありがとうございます" But, I don't think that's fair to really look into when you consider that if you're being formal, that's just kind of what you'd say. 

The next is "voice provider". They wrote it as "音声プロバイダー". The proper term is inside person that I have no idea how to type because of my dyslexia and I don't have a handy thing to copy and paste at the moment.

Next, is using "年齢" for age. This is actually what the UTAUs on the Visual Archive use. The ReadMe uses "高さ" for height, but the visual archive uses "身長". When you Google Translate "height", you get takasa and not shinchou. 

Now, the model is made in an "H-game". It's popular enough overseas to have a subreddit, which you can bet your sweet bippy I'm not clicking on.

So, looking at all of that, and the pronunciation... My final verdict is... Latin America.

How is Mizune Aqua's bank?


One pitch, romaji encoded CV with people talking in the background. The microphone quality isn't the best, and the tone is really inconsistent. The average pitch is G4, with a logical range of G#3 ~ G#4. 

Random Japanese lesson! The way you say from X to Y, as in "from dusk to dawn" is XからYまで。 Kara means from and made means to. 

The OTOs are the typical "I see what you meant, but it wasn't what was really called for." This adds to the "Not Japanese" possibility because I think the "smoothness" thing was an overseas thing mostly. In playing the "ki" sample, someone dropped something on the floor. 

I'm not bothering with OTOs, so it won't be the best but oh my goodness this voice is so cute and sweet.


Where can I download Aqua Mizune?


From BowlRoll. How can an UTAU be downloaded over 200 times and not have anything posted that I can find? Did I accidentally sneak into a secret society bowlroll? I don't even know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment