Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, November 20, 2020

Forgotten Friday #100 - 岩座サクラ / Iwakura Sakura

I dare you to watch this. It has been stuck in my head for a decade straight. It is catchier than "Tight Pants" and "Baby Shark" put together.


Forgotten Friday #100 - 岩座サクラ / Iwakura Sakura


So, to be completely honest, I really want to be working on USTs at this moment! The issue is just that my YouTube channel is pushed out to 2021 already, and there's a limit to how far you can push out scheduled videos on YouTube. The blog hasn't made it out to 2021, so I know where my focus needs to be. 

But, I was working on YouTube and not my blog because my wrist injury popped up again and I had to wear a brace for a bit. I didn't want to stress it out by typing, but it's mostly better now!

Anyway, this UTAU was I believe... Meant to be an OC in a digital animated series? Or something of that nature? But UTAUs like Softly Deerla (aaa I can't get over the depth and nuance of a story a little tiny baby made up) have legit full backgrounds and worlds they inhabit. Maybe there was supplemental information that was deleted, but I have no idea who Sakura and what world she inhabits from her character file, readme file, and Wikia page. This isn't a ding on Sakura, it's just an excuse to bring up Softly Deerla. 

Anyway!

Who is Sakura Iwakura?


Official Icon from Wikia


Alright, so let me start by saying that the art included with the bank is very amazing! However, it felt like I was punched in the fact by nostalgia! It looks as though Sakichu learned heavily from 2000's era "How to Draw Manga" books. I'm not insulting it by saying it looks like Katy Coope (be nice to her, she was like five when she drew that book). It just has this unspecified American nature to it. Learning Anime drawing from someone who spent most of their learning copying American cartoons and editing it slightly to be able to slap the label Anime and Manga on it. You can't see it in the icon chosen for the Wikia page, as that one is more traditionally "anime". 

Anyway, I just thought that was an interesting aside. Sakura has magical clothes. Adorning her sleeveless shirt and skirt are magical, floating pink b... spheres that emit light. There are also floating feathers that float around her pigtails and shoulders.

Her color scheme is mostly harmonious, though the golden hair does detract from it a bit, seeing as the warmest part of her outfit as actually maroon. The pink and charcoal used are as cool as those two colors can be, while the hair is straight up complementary to the rest of the outfit. But, saying "dye your hair so that it matches your clothes" is silly, and something you'd never say to a human.

Her shirt and shoes are the same maroon, both with hot pink accents that match the feathers on her shoulders. Her skirt is rather short and has the floating spheres hanging out below it. Her charcoal skirt matches the bracelet and anklet on opposite sides of her body. She wears a charcoal choker also.

She hates dogs, love roller coasters, and loves red bean mochi. She hates mazes and responsibility.  She is clumsy and shy with no internal filters to stop her from sounding silly. Her moods are abrupt, but she tries to always put on a positive face.

How is Iwakura Sakura's bank?


I didn't go searching to see if there were newer banks, so I'll just be looking at her Act 4, which is available on her Wikia page.

It is a two pitch CV bank encoded in Romaji. She gets the distinction of being the first UTAU to be tested using the UST I made of "December" by Puffy AmiYumi!

This bank actually isn't that old at all, with many of the samples being recorded in 2013. It may be possible that this bank was used more recently than believed, but with the videos being taken down. I didn't realize this until just now. So, I can't fully just hand-wave that this is an old bank. Thankfully, aside from OTOs, this is a good bank that can stand up with fellow 2013 banks!

The voice is nice. It's a general, teen-like female overseas sound, though the pronunciation and microphone quality are above average.


Where can I download Sakura Iwakura?


You can download her from her Wikia page. She's a pretty good UTAU! Just needs the OTOs to be redone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment