Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, April 8, 2022

Forgotten Friday #172 - 解音ソル / Kaine Sol

 Now that I'm less panicked, I can say that the crunch I feel is just because I had a bad week and did nothing and then I was really far behind on everything. Right now, I'm getting more behind because the blog is the furthest pushed out, but the blog is what I have the most anxiety about!

Forgotten Friday #172 - 解音ソル / Kaine Sol


Kaine Sol is a nineteen year old dude voiced by Danrroar. He is really lucky. Even though he is an old UTAU, he has gotten a really spiffy new design and is hosted on a fancy pants site: ReVoiceLoids. A fun thing is that his original Eastern name was messed up a bit. It had the line things after each katakana, meaning he was souruu, which is pretty far from Sol. It was fixed!

He is very kind and never gets mad. He loves curry buns and Coca-Cola. 


Who is Sol Kaine?

Official Art from Site


"Ms. Grey," Emily cleared her throat as she shoved her way into one of her bosses' offices. It was a lot of effort given Ms. Grey's issues with hoarding. Mind you, it was all expensive and high quality nonsense without a scrap of trash in sight. But it had an unfortunate habit of falling in front of the door and making entry difficult. "You know I'm nice. You know I don't point fingers. But what is wrong with you?!"


Her boss looked up from her monitor and laughed. "Well, you need to be more specific! And you know I'm Bella!"


"Bells," Emily planted herself in a chair across from Bella, "Ms. Bloom literally can't read. The majority of programming is actually reading and writing things. And we're a publishing company! Why do we need a programmer at all?!"


Bella sighed as she lowered her brown eyes, letting her brunette hair fall before her pale face. "The truth is that we don't, but the sweet little girl needed a place to stay."


"She's thirty." Emily stated bluntly. 


"Well, she is little!" Bella laughed. She knew that Apple Bloom was actually of average height and weight, so she continued before she could be corrected. "I couldn't handle seeing a sweet little soul have no where to go… especially considering Edwin…"


"You are literally a Psycho," Emily groaned. "Is your brother in on this? If he is, I'm shutting it down."


"No!" Bella laughed. "He thinks he'll find a wife on his own! He really thinks that owning a publishing company that barely breaks even in a city we are paid to operate in makes him a good catch!"


"Look, I get it - but drop it, okay?" Emily rolled her eyes, "If we can afford to keep her on the payroll to sit in the corner and learn to read, we should. She needs the help. But she's convinced she's a pony."


Bella's eye twitched sightly as she tried to compose herself. She didn't want to show any kind of reaction, so she just let out a single "huh?"


"Do not try and get your brother to court her," Emily sighed as she slouched back into the chair. "She is mentally broken, and she does not need a man to complicate things further. At all."


"Well…" Bella tried to regain her composure, "What if I was trying to set you up?"


"I'm not going to date someone who thinks that they are a pony." Emily glared at Bella. "This isn't cute or funny, Bella. You know that right?"


"Look, I'm a jokester!" Bella rolled her eyes. "I'm concerned to, and when I'm concerned I joke."


There was a knock on the door. Bella called out for the person to come in.


"Morning y'all!" Apple Bloom called out. "Where's the food?"


Bella gasped. She hadn't seen Apple Bloom herself. It was… disappointing. It wasn't that she wasn't beautiful. She was a stunner! It was that this thirty year old woman was standing in her office wearing pajamas with hair that was wild from night sweats. Worse yet, their first interaction was Apple Bloom asking for food. Not asking about her job, or even introducing herself… food. 


Emily glared at Bella as she stood. She smiled warmly as she turned to Apple Bloom. "We have a little kitchenette! I'll help you make oatmeal."


"Boy howdy!" Apple Bloom laughed as she turned to leave, "I ate oatmeal in Ponyville too!"


Will Apple Bloom like oatmeal in the human world?! Of course she will! They still make Quakers instant oatmeal in the future!


How is Kaine Sol's bank?


Let me start by saying that you are still able to find the original MediaFire upload. However, I just trust that Aya and Danrroar would rather I just go with the Google Drive upload, so that's what I'll look at.

Out of the package, the OTOs do make him sing off time. However, that's easy to fix. He has an absolutely wonderful and soft voice that is obviously masculine while still being gentle and young. The things "wrong" that you can't fix were things that we accepted as correct in 2010, so it shouldn't count in the context of UTAU History! 



Where can I download Sol Kaine?


You can download him from the lovely ReVoiceLoids distribution page for him. If you understand what it means for an overseas CV bank to be from 2010, then you may very well love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment