Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Wiki Wednesday #161 - フックスケッキー / Keki Fökkusu

 Ya see, there's a difference between depressed anxiety and manic anxiety when you're bipolar. The real kicker about depression anxiety is that it would be so easy to fix if life just lined up or you had the energy. Kicking yourself to just get 'er done!

Wiki Wednesday #161 - フックスケッキー / Keki Fökkusu


Focus Cake. Why is there an umlaut? What is a WHD file? When used in English, the two dots over a vowel is dieresis. It's why Zoey can be written as Zoë. It's "Zoh - ee", not "Zoh" or "Zoi". (English can have fun and be crazy with names!) Dieresis shows that two vowels which come one after the other are two separate syllables. Keki is from Brazil. When I went to look and see how Portuguese uses umlauts, the internet suddenly stopped internetting.

Keki's character item is cake. She likes ramen, sweets, drawing, singing, dancing, cats, and cute things. She doesn't like some vegetables, ill tempered people, and tiredness.

I have reached a new level in which I copy directly from the Wiki. She is fifteen years old.

Who is Fokkusu Keki?

official art from bank



"Supposedly" fictional Chia here.

Iira isn't really nice. She's snarky and sometimes plain rude. Somehow, though, that makes her magnetic. 

She's short and round for the Aaiiu race, but that's perfect as it makes her roughly the same height and size as my mother. She wears my people's clothes when she visits and always has her tongue depressed so that everyone can see all the way to the back of her throat. She loves my language and has the nicest Clickbox possible in her hand, whereas my mother loves Aaiiu's language and always has her electrolarynx in her hand.

The Aaiiu have no teeth, no lips, and no nose, and their tongues are completely anchored down so that they can only move it up and down. While they are technically able to say some consonants, their language is completely devoid of them. As their language only has vowels, it is a beautiful and flowing language that relies heavily on pitch.

Standard Aaiiu relies on the entire range of the Aaiiu mouth. There are sounds that human mouths just aren't capable of. This helps a lot for native speakers, because more vowels means less reliance on pitch. Formal Aaiiu was developed to allow people to keep their mouths as shut as possible while relying more heavily on pitch. My mother is fully fluent in Formal Aaiiu, but sometimes attempts standard.

Iira urges her against it, but my mother promises that she won't get mad when Iira inevitably starts laughing her warbling laugh. I don't blame Iira in the slightest after she explains what my mother actually said. My mother laughs with her, because Standard Aaiiu is a finicky language seemingly set up for double entendre. 

Aside from speaking, the Aaiiu mouth poses plenty of questions. How do they eat without teeth? The answer is also the answer to "why don't the Aaiiu kiss?" The top of their mouth has a grinding plate that they rub food against to "chew" it up. That isn't enough to break down a lot of foods, so their mouths excrete acid as if it were a stomach.

I asked Iira with my Clickbox how their mouths survive the acid. In her typical snarky fashion, she clicked back "How does your stomach survive the acid?" My mother responded in English after a few giggles. The lining of their mouths is always being eaten away by the acid and regrowing, and their grinding plate is constantly regrowing like… she switched to Aaiiu to name an animal that constantly regrew its teeth, as she couldn't easily switch back to our language to say an animal name that I would have actually recognize. I countered with "sharks?" in English, and she laughed again. 

My mother and Iira had a plan, and their plan is working. They were going to make my home world and the Aaiiu home world tourist destinations so that they could become "useful" to the Union. My home world was already a part of the Union thanks to me, so it was easy to get resources to make it beautiful for tourists. The next step is to raise tourism to the Aaiiu home world so that they could become "useful" and gain more resources.

I have been there. It's lovely, but poor. Iira is an outlier. The majority of Aaiiu people don't even have enough to leave their hometown. But hopefully, tourism will change that.

How are Keki Fokkusu's banks?


As far as I know, Keki has two banks available for download. Both are one pitch VCV banks.

VCV 1 looks to be from late 2015. She has a strong and clear voice that is feminine while still feeling tomboyish, making her a "Nee-chan" voice. (Or the other one - I forget my own logic half the time.) What I mean is that she sounds like she's the most important person on her soccer team.



Her second bank is Genesis. It seems to be from early 2017. The OTOs of the previous bank were actually mostly correct, like I didn't think there was a point to fixing them correct. These OTOs, however, are sadly incorrect. "o ‚¾" (wow, thanks UTAU. o だ.) is missing. Don't get me wrong, "dzu_dzu_ji_do_da_do_ji.wav" is there, but it's not OTO'd. 

The voice is a bit stronger and much warmer, but the OTO issues mean that this is a bank that will take a lot of effort to use to the fullest extent, whereas the previous bank was ready to fully use straight out of the RAR. It is still a nice voice, though!



Where can I download Fokkusu Keki?


You can download her from her Wiki page! She has a wonderful voice and a very adorable design. She is definitely an UTAU you should check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment