Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Wiki Wednesday #163 - Fukaina Shinpai / 心配 不快な

heh. Happy 4/20. 

Wiki Wednesday #163 - Fukaina Shinpai / 心配 不快な

Fukaina isn't a word. "不快な思いをさせる" means to hurt someone's feelings. "不快" means discomfort. I mean, Fukaina is a really cool sounding name that reminds me of a specific song about an illegal drug. But the "na" is just a particle that got stapled on, hence why it's in hiragana.

I believe she's part of a closed species? She lives in a… pocket dimension? She is really strong and accidentally breaks things, but she's really kind and sweet. She loves tea, baked goods, and meeting new people. Her canon age is 26.

Her design is really pretty and cool.

Who is Shinpai Fukaina?

official art from wiki

"Supposedly" fictional Chia here.

Shelly Ton was an inspirational story that got passed between peoples who thought they never had a chance at joining the Union. Of course, it wasn't always a guarantee.

The science in your science fiction is magic. So many surgeries have been thrown at the Aaiiu people, but none worked. The best case scenario was a beautiful, stitched shut face that could barely move and limited their ability to speak.

Paosin was not one of those cases. Paosin was from a people who lived symbiotically with plants. For example, her people did not qualify as mammals as the mothers did not feed their young using their own body. Instead, the young ate the moss that grew on their skin. As their moss grew, it began to photosynthesize enough to give them a boost of sugar, delivered directly to their bloodstream.

When I read her file, I was heartbroken. I begged for her to come early with a visitor's pass so that I could be kind to her and push her away from the Union. I got my request.

She was the cutest sapient being I had ever seen when I walked into her room. She was completely covered in a beautiful emerald cover of plants with small mushrooms and flowers poking out. She was wearing lavender overalls and her hands and feet had large accumulations of moss that made them resemble animal paws. I was alone with her, so I could be kind. I told her how perfectly adorable she was. While I understand how wrong of me it is to call someone perfectly adorable, she was grateful.

I went over her file with her. They had written her name as Flowers, so I had to fix that. I asked her about the moss. Ideally, and for the majority of her people, the moss they die with is the direct descendants of the moss that they are given by their mothers at birth. However, Paosin had been diagnosed with cancer at a young age.

Watching her facial expression through the moss as I brought it up broke my heart. Her face was featureless behind the moss aside from the two large holes that narrowed to line her eyes. Even though the surface was featureless, it contorted with her expressions.

She had lost all of her plant cover during her cancer treatments once before. Thankfully, she was able to recover fully.

It had been ten years since she had lost her plant cover, though. The memories of an eight year old didn't always line up with the reality.

I asked her how she ate if there was no hole for her mouth. She laughed and explained that she claimed to be on a liquid diet. She would soak the area in front of her mouth with liquid, and that liquid would cause the moss to grow with whatever nutrient she needed. She could simply push the moss in with her hand and wait for it to regrow.

I rocked back and forth in my chair and looked at the ceiling.

I asked her if she understood that she would be forced to lose her plant cover. She laughed. Of course! I asked her if she realized that growing the moss to eat was a health violation. Her face contorted. I asked her if she had ever eaten "Union food." She was silent.

There's too much to say about her for just one week. I'll tell you more next week.

How is Fukaina Shinpai's bank?

She has a one pitch VCV bank. The wiki says there may be issues.

Her voice is definitely not what I expected from the design and back story!

The accent is on point - this sounds like a high quality vcv version of Tomero Chii with a hint of Kenta Chikune. If you like their voices, download this UTAU now.

The OTOs aren't great, but I'm going to say something you'd never think I'd say - it's thematic. This is an alien species in a pocket dimension that everyone can find themselves in. It's okay to be inhuman and strange. 

Seriously, there are very few UTAUs that feel truly unique and special. This UTAU is truly unique and special. This one feels special.



Where can I download Shinpai Fukaina?


You can, and should, download her from her wiki page!

No comments:

Post a Comment