Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, August 12, 2022

Forgotten Friday #190 - Saiko Ginshuu / 銀終サイコ

 I updated windows. Hopefully, it'll make the text to speech work better.

Forgotten Friday #190 - Saiko Ginshuu / 銀終サイコ

I make a lot of complaints about the characterization of start UTAU characters that are given as yandere. Being mentally ill, I can kind of see it as a demonization of people like me. I know that that wasn't what the people had in mind, but it still feels uncomfortable. But right now, I'm really depressed, so things bother me more than they really should. This UTAU is... Well they are very cute, and very sweet, except for the fact that they are yandere. The rule of ages with 2010 UTAUs made by girls was voice provider age plus two, so Saiko being 14 means that I really shouldn't take any of the stuff seriously.

Also, she's Finnish.

Who is Ginshuu Saiko?

Icon from Bank 

..

Previously on A Spectrum of Apple Skins, we met Edwin! He is not happy with Bella's plans, and he let Apple Bloom know that.


Emily perked up as she saw Apple Bloom sitting in the office kitchenette. She looked amazing! Not just well dressed, but also happy in a way that made her glow.


Emily stood across the kitchen island from her and smiled as she leaned against the island. "So, I think I may have a person you should meet."


"Oh?" Apple Bloom looked up from her phone. 


"After finding out you were actually a pony, it opened my eyes to other people that everyone had just written off as…" Emily tried to think of the least offensive way to phrase the end of her statement, but just gave up and continued. "I go to the government run grocery store every week to pick up my life sustaining drink powder, and there's this woman there who tells everyone that she's a fish."


"Huh," Apple Bloom slowly nodded. "So she either ain't from these parts, or she's coo-coo bananas."


"I mean," Emily nervously shrugged. "I didn't say those words… but yeah, I think she's probably not from this universe."


"Ain't it weird calling it a universe when I'm right here?" Apple Bloom let out a small laugh. 


"It is!" Emily laughed. "The couple running the store wanted a child, but unwanted kids are hard to find, and the feds spike our water with birth control."


"Isn't that like…." Apple Bloom blankly stared at Emily, "A war crime?"


"We have to agree to it," Emily sighed. "While the radiation is safe for grown adults, it takes a lot less for birth defects to happen. It was not a good situation before the human rights abuse started." She realized that Apple Bloom was too disgusted to respond, so she continued. "So, they went out and found a kid by some miracle, but it was weird. They wanted the youngest child they could legally have within city limits, which is like eight years old. But, they ended up with a fourteen year old." Emily leaned back. "That's not weird for most people, you take what you can get. But the lady was known throughout the city for sobbing about how she'd rather never adopt than to adopt a teenager."


"So, they got stuck with something they didn't want?" Apple Bloom slowly nodded. "Like how y'all weren't happy with how I was."


"Well," Emily let out a small chuckle. "No more unhappy than she was when she realized that I wasn't going to date Edwin and make her an aunt!" Emily smiled at Apple Bloom. "It was an adjustment to get used to how quirky ponies are, but I'm happy we're friends now."


"Really?!" Apple Bloom laughed. "I'm glad we're friends too, but seriously?! I ain't the first?!"


"You're the first she used magic to get!" Emily blew a raspberry. "Imagine how I felt knowing I wasn't the first either!"


They shared a laugh before Emily jumped back to the previous topic. "I looked up the name she gives, and it was for a character from a video game. She dyes her hair to look like the character, too. I don't feel like… it's my place to grill her about her past, but she might like to know she's not alone."


Apple Bloom nodded as she stood. She paused for a moment before asking, "Do I actually have work to do here?"


"Oh," Emily laughed. "I forget you're supposed to work here. Think about this as a friendship mission. That's your job for today." Her eyes widened as she realized a very important detail. "Apple Bloom, she's been here for over a decade… and she still hasn't really… fit herself in the way you already have. She is hostile." Apple Bloom deflated. Emily continued, "If you see anyone under thirty wearing a name tag, it's her. If you don't… ask for Rosetta."

How is Saiko Ginshuu's bank?


She has a one pitch CV bank.  The OTOs are strange. Everything was treated as a plosive!

And what the heck?! She sounds amazing like a less harsh OG Teto! I love her.



Where Can I download Ginshuu Saiko?

The link is on her wiki page. I will admit, this one threw me for a loop. The characterization being so problematic, though I think many people would not see the trope as inherently problematic, is sad as it takes away from the fact that this is a very very nice voice. I was worried when it said that it was exceedingly cute, using the Japanese word (kawaii) though I am using text to speech right now, because usually that kind of voice is a little difficult to listen to (Haruka Nana). But this voice isn't that hyper pathetic Japanese incarnation of cute, this voice is just cute. if you're okay with CV, download her now.

No comments:

Post a Comment