Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, August 19, 2022

Forgotten Friday #191 - 愛彦 / Ai Hiko

 the reason behind the name on the wiki is wrong, but the Matome has the correct Kanji for that meaning.. Kind of. 藍 (read Ai) means the plant used to make indigo dye. The aI they used means love. 彦 just means boy. Chieftain is 酋長. I get the Ai thing, but I don't know where the second thing came from.

Forgotten Friday #191 - 愛彦 / Ai Hiko

I have got a question. Why would you decide that your character hates pink, but then you make them wear pink? That makes no sense. This character loves apples, hates pink, and is a 16 year old woman.

It seems like Satsuki98 still uses the internet!

Who is Hiko Ai?

2019 WIP redesign

...

Apple Bloom is on a mission to make a new friend! Will she be able to? Find out this week on A Spectrum of Apple Skins!


Apple Bloom froze when she opened the door to the government run grocery store. There was a loud ding as the odd smell of a musty storefront hit her. She walked in just enough for the door to close behind her as she stared in shock at the shelves. The boxes were faded and had a light layer of dust. Though she was sure there would have been more visible if the lighting was better. The lights were dim and warm, making the exposed concrete walls and floors a sickly faded chartreuse. Away from the lights, the walls just looked tawny and dirty. 


She made her way into the maze of aisles. She passed under the lights, emerging from the light just to be obscured sightly in the dimness. After a few rows, she finally saw someone who looked her own age. She was standing, her feet apart and her arms crossed across her chest. A strange red object was precariously dangling from her hand as she performatively took a deep breath and rolled her eyes at timed intervals.


"Oh!" Apple Bloom gasped out. Apple Bloom had it in mind that anyone taken from a cartoon universe would be like her: unreasonably attractive for a typical person. This woman was just a normal person. Her dyed yellow hair was pushed behind her ear to show a menagerie of miniscule silver trinkets fastened to her ear with several bars skewering the area the lobe surrounded. The woman turned to her and smiled brightly, her piercings flickering briefly in the light.


"Hi! I'm Freddi Fish!"


There was silence as her bright, sapphire eyes dulled and her smile became a grimace. She maintained eye contact with Apple Bloom, daring her to break the silence.


It usually worked for her. She couldn't fight the robotic response to meeting a new person. Even after a decade of being trapped with humans, it triggered. At least she was able to use it to scare people by immediately going back to her usual self.


"Well, howdy!" Apple Bloom nervously laughed. She was genuinely afraid of Freddi. "I'm Apple Bloom… and I'm a pony."


Freddi's eyes widened as her jaw dropped. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. With her voice an octave lower than her introduction, she asked in a monotone, "are you mocking me?"


"No!" Apple Bloom took a step back, "I just got told there was someone else here from a different…"


Apple Bloom let out a shriek as Freddi grasped her arm roughly and dragged her out of a side door into an alleyway. Freddi threw her roughly out of the doorway before slamming it closed behind her.


Freddi pressed her back against the door and took a deep breath. Her voice was ragged and labored as she spoke. "I have been dragged to so many therapists." Her thick, orange dyed eyebrows knitted as she squeezed her eyes shut. "It took nearly half a decade before they found one that said to let me believe the delusion." She slowly started to slide down against the door. "I dream I'm home almost every night. I know I was a fish." She opened her misty eyes, "And you're saying…"


"Well," Apple Bloom looked away from Freddi's face. "Yes?"


Is Apple Bloom in danger?! Find out next week in A Spectrum of Apple Skins!


How Is Ai Hiko's bank?

I think we were promised more with the 2019 redesign, but I could only find the one act 2 one pitch CV bank from 2010. My spreadsheet says "contacted" next to the name, so I think I asked if the 2020 VCV would happen. There's no page on the wiki dot, the latest video was ten years ago, I don't remember hearing back, so I guess there's only this one bank.

The otos aren't the best. She has a very nice voice! It sounds youthful and feminine without being sharp.



Where can I download Hiko Ai?

The link is on her Wiki page. the design is really pretty! I hope the vcv happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment