Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Wiki Wednesday #178 - Adelyn Kaiden / 怪人アデリン

 I want to find O Herman and apologize for Throwing a fit over wanting my utau's page in Eastern order. I literally could have just lied about what was the family name! Then I would beg him to come back and fix the wikia because the new formatting is awful. If he was the one who decided on the new format, then I take back my apology and you should have let me use eastern order.

Wiki Wednesday #178 - Adelyn Kaiden / 怪人アデリン

Did I say how much I do not like the new format of the Fandom pages? I literally had to go in the history of the page to find the Japanese name.

Adelyn is a 21 year old woman. That's basically it.

Who is Kaiden Adelyn?

Official art 
..

"Supposedly" fictional Chia here.

Dr. Joe hadn't prepared himself for the hearing. It was kind of sprung upon him. Under the muted blue light of the fish tank, he began to shrink back.

I started with the question that would define his actions as eugenics if true. Did he think he created superior beings? I was glad that I had scolded him before asking. He searched for his words with fear in his eyes before explaining his thought process. He didn't see any species as better or worse. He didn't see his synthetic genome as any better or worse aside from being more resistant to things like cancer. People are people, he explained.

I complimented his answer before continuing. He was calming down. I asked him if he went out of his way to eradicate diseases. I could see I struck a nerve. He asked me what the Union considered a disease. I shrugged. I asked a more specific question. If a gene had been found that would make a child more disease resistant, would he insert it into the genome?

He shook his head. That would be unethical.

I asked him if we was aware of a disease that humans called 'autism'. He shook his head again, becoming more nervous. I opened my folder and found the word in his language. I sloppily sounded it out. His eyes lightened up. He explained that, beyond creating the synthetic genome, he refuses to do further genetic engineering. He discarded embryos that would be extremely unlikely to make it to term or would likely not survive more than a few days after birth. He did let the parents pick the gender, but that was it when working with mapped genomes. 

I smiled and nodded my head. That was the right answer. 

He continued on. He doesn't like working with species that have an unmapped genome. He felt like every couple deserved to have the family they dreamed of, even if it wasn't naturally possible. He accepts them as patients because they deserve it just as much as anyone else. He has to modify the synthetic genome directly in those cases. In those cases, he does not add any diseases or disabilities. That would just be cruel.

He added that it was the synthetic genome of the parent he created. He would pick the information from each parent at random so that it wasn't him simply creating a whole child.

I nodded and pointed out that he came from a planet with limited technological resources. One Union computer had more power than his entire homeworld. If he could send a genome off to be mapped and have the correct information back in a week, he would never have to edit the genome to create a child again. He was smiling at the idea.

I asked him if he denied same sex couples. He explained that he was happy to work with them, but they usually were of the same species. He had colleagues who would work with them for less money, so he sent the couple to the other doctors. 

I just had one last question. What did he do with all of the children he created in his testing? He laughed.

His planet's number one export was nuclear material. The majority of his people could not naturally conceive or carry to term because of that. Every child he created in his lab was wanted and loved, even if no one had asked for them.

I sent him on his way and sent a glowing recommendation to the higher ups. Dr. Joe was allowed to practice in the Union, and was even occasionally brought to Union ships to help couples in need.

How is Adelyn Kaiden's bank?


It is a simple one pitch cv bank with hiragana encoding and nothing strange or out of the ordinary.

Some off her samples look a little glitched. And uh... It doesn't work. File load error even though... The files are in hiragana... Converting to romaji did nothing... 

I tried everything that I could think of, but nothing made anything work. Until I just switched resamplers. So, this is a bank that somehow breaks the default resampler, even if you delete the oto and export new copies of the samples.

It Is a voice and I am exasperation.



Where can I download Adelyn Kaiden?

Of course, the Fandom page. But seriously?? Why bank broken??

No comments:

Post a Comment