Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Wiki Wednesday #179 - ASTRAL / アストラル

 dear lord, please just give me one simple bank without any errors.

Wiki Wednesday #179 - ASTRAL / アストラル

Astral is an ageless chimera who hates being a chimera, but generally loves everything else. Except dirt and dirty things. He has stones attached to his skin.

Who is ASTRAL?

Icon from wiki

.
"Supposedly" fictional Chia here.

I was, once again, trapped in a cramped conference room. It was more of a closet meant for video calls, but instead three people and one sapient slime blob were uncomfortably deciding if they'd rather lean against a dirty wall or be clotheslined by the awkwardly low table.

It started when I saw Dr. Joe in the cafeteria. He was sitting alone without food. His head was in his hands as he stared at nothing in particular as if he had just witnessed a tragedy.

I knew better, but I cheerfully caught his attention. His eyes were dead as he looked over at me, but he quickly stirred and nearly jumped up. I sat my tray of food on the table and sat down.

He was speaking frantically.

Since being somewhat adopted by the Union, more and more species were seeking out his services. Working with the Union meant that he had no issues with that. He got the correct mapping and did his job. With one exception.

It was a sapient slime blob and an overbearing, human shaped wife. His name was Glue-be, but the wife insisted that it was Glubby, like a fish. It was just the translator saying it incorrectly.

I was nodding along and quickly shoving my fried frenched starches into my mouth. He explained that he had always made ethical expeditions for sapient slime balls. They wanted a child with glow in the dark green skin? He just had to add some tags to the end of a few genes. He would never do that for any other species. But even he knew how important it was to humor the sapient slime balls.

The issue was that Glubby's wife was demanding Dr. Joe use Glubby's actual mapped genome as opposed to simply asking Glubby what he believed he would look like as a human.

I made that hissing, sucking on air noise. I had more training than most Union members of my rank thanks to my mother's obsession with me being able to serve. I didn't know the exact details, but I remembered the basic gist that sapient slime balls didn't have a genome in the way most sapient species did.

I asked him what the engineers had said. He went back to quietly staring. Of course. On that specific ship, the engineering team was brutal. He didn't have to tell me that they either laughed at him or rolled their eyes and said to figure it out.

Dr. Joe was losing his superiority complex. He just looked hurt. I asked him why he was on the ship. The engineering team would have given him the same answer over video call.

He had a meeting with a representative for the sapient slime people scheduled for the next day. He knew they were just going to tell him to figure it out and give Glubby biological children.

I slowly nodded. I understood what was going to happen without help. Dr. Joe would just tell them he had no idea what they wanted, and then they'd lecture him without giving any actual advice.

I shrugged and told him that I had a dorm room filled with impressionable youths that would do anything to prove that they were worthy to serve. His eyes widened as he understood the implication.

How is ASTRAL's bank?

It works!! The voice is youthful and sweet. it is just a one pitch cv bank, but it is absolutely lovely.



Where Can I download ASTRAL?

You can find the link to his bank on his Fandom page. This is a really nice utau!

No comments:

Post a Comment