Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, April 12, 2024

Forgotten Friday #277 - JJ.千種 / JJ Chigusa

Wheeee

Forgotten Friday #277 - JJ.千種 / JJ Chigusa

This utau feels like she should be familiar, but I knew nothing about her. She is thirty-four years old and... She's a song librarian for moles? 

Who Is Chigusa JJ?

Art from site

.
Aliyah took a deep breath as she stood in front of the door of her room. It was late, so she considered just not going in and possibly waking McKenzie up. She asked herself what she was meant to do.

She could do more research and find more books. She could convince Charlotte to find an actual talk therapist for McKenzie to try and get her magical self and her actual self to interface.

Or, she could just give up and let them just not teach McKenzie magic. As she debated, a tipsy Stellaris with smudged makeup placed her hand on Aliyah's shoulder.

Aliyah jerked away before spinning to face Stellaris. She sighed as the small bit of panic faded away. "Where were you?" Aliyah kept her voice flat and her facial expression neutral.

"Birthday party..." Stellaris awkwardly laughed. "On a Wednesday night... I can sleep through first period as long as I show up, right?" She shook her head. "Lili, I know you weren't crying, but you're sad. What happened?"

"I'm afraid to wake up McKenzie, because I don't know what to tell her." Aliyah looked back at the door. "Mr. Elf told me that everything is completely normal with her. There's been many witches just as powerful as her. Plenty of people, including President Penn have the same issue feeling like their magic is their own like her." She looked back at Stellaris. "There's nothing wrong with her magically. It's all normal things. But... They're afraid of her."

Stellaris tutted as she gently guided Aliyah to her room. Once they were inside, Aliyah started to cry. It was quiet and soft until Stellaris sat her down on her bed and sat next to her. Once she pulled Aliyah into a hug, Aliyah began to sob.

Stellaris made soft, reassuring noises as she patted Aliyah's back.

"I want to fix it..." Aliyah warbled. "I want her to be happy."

"Shh..." Stellaris pulled her closer. "You're a wonderful, magical person. Your magic makes you so happy. But you're so special..."

Aliyah pulled away, tears running down her face. "What do you mean that I'm special?" She was genuinely confused and her voice was earnest.

"Aliyah," Stellaris took a deep breath. "I don't know anyone who loves magic as much as you. Most of us just show up and learn to do things because there will be a test. We don't want to, we just have to. I spend months at a time fully suppressed... And I prefer it."

"What would you want if you were her? Too powerful for people to feel safe and so disconnected to your magic?" Aliyah wiped her face with her sleeve. "Would you give your magic away if you could?"

"I would." Stellaris nodded. "When I'm wearing a suppressor, it feels like... Like I take up my whole body. But when I take it off, I get squished inside myself and there's a darkness inside me that makes me feel... It makes me feel less... Me."

How Are JJ. Chigusa's banks?

Ver.1A is a one pitch lite VCV. She has such a pretty and mature voice! Especially given this is a 2009 bank!!



Ver.1b is a one pitch full VCV. This is still a 2009 bank! Her voice sounds clearer, but the otos make her sound a bit strange. I fixed them for this! 



I was worried because Ver 2 has like ten appends, but most of them have been packaged together as multipitch banks!

First is Ver.2_Test. It is a one pitch CV with an addon for weaker vowels. The recording quality is much better!


Ver.2a is a CV made with strong, weak, and normal. There was no prefix map, so I just added suffixes by hand.  The quality is very nice and she can be very expressive!


Ver.2b is made of... All of the other cv ones. Using the actual recorded pitches to create a multipitch would be silly because they are all recorded so closely! I just put the suffixes in order. These could be used together to great effect!


Ver.2C is a normal VCV and a soft VCV.  The oto was kind of messed up in that neither bank had suffixes. That's an easy fix in setparam.  She sounds very nice, but the normal is extra nice.



Where can I Download JJ. Chigusa?

I wish I had actually looked into JJ a long time ago. You can find her on her official site. She is really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment