Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Wiki Wednesday #292 - Kidiloid / キディロイド

 Whooo

Wiki Wednesday #292 - Kidiloid / キディロイド

Kidiloid is a contrarian teenage Android who likes playing Toon Town Online. He is mean to people.

Who is Kidiloid?

Art from wiki
.

This story is about a magical creature meeting a normal person! 

I fully understood I was dumb. Years of isolation make you realize that television shows from the 1960s weren't based on any kind of reality. There was no chance of a handsome astronaut landing on a deserted island. It was nearly impossible for me to find an island that didn't have a resort on it! 

But I found an island and just sat here. Waiting.

Then one day, it finally happened. Some poor soul was stranded on the beach.

I approached the beach. I looked just like Barbara Eden in her pink Jeannie outfit. I picked up the bottle and walked up to the man. He was struggling to stand up when he saw me. The strangeness of the situation made him scramble to his feet. I held out the bottle. "Hey Mister. Can you rub this bottle for me?"

He just stared. He didn't know what to make of the situation. 

I pushed the bottle into his hands. He awkwardly rubbed the side of it. 

I snapped my fingers and went into the bottle. Pink smoke came from the uncorked opening and then I reappeared. "Alright, Mister! You've got a genie now. Neat, huh?"

"I... I..." He was confused. "I wish I was home."

I snapped my fingers and we were in a dirty apartment. I rolled my eyes. "Great. You can't even clean?"

He shook his head. "What's going on?"

I turned to him. "I'm a genie. You have me now. I Dream of Jeannie rules, not Aladdin."

"What?"

I couldn't help but groan. "What year is it?"

"It's... It's 3098."

"Then why does this look like 1998?!" I looked away from him. "There's nothing cool or futuristic here! And you don't even know what I'm referencing!"

"Hey," he put his hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay? I know I hit my head really hard when I fell out of the boat. You're probably just a figment of my imagination, but it seems like you're having a rough time."

I looked back at him. "Why did you fall off of a boat?"

"I'm sober." He pulled a chip out of his pocket. He held it up for me. "So my friends keep me around to keep things from going wrong. Well, what kind of luck is it that the sober one falls over? They were too drunk to even notice."

"Ouch." I cringed. "They sound like bad friends."

"Yes." He nodded. "But what can you expect? I tag along to do things I couldn't afford to do otherwise. I'm not making great money, as you can see."

I looked around. The place wasn't actually dirty - it was just cluttered. "Yeah. Beats my last place though."

"Where was that?" He looked genuinely interested.

I paused. I tried not to look annoyed or amused. I wasn't sure which works be worse. "My last place was a deserted island. You might remember it."

How Are Kidiloid's banks?

You could say that Kidiloid has four banks despite having only three different packages. There is one CV, two CVVC, and one add on bank.

First, the CV. The otos need to be fixed up a bit. The voice is very raspy.



The voice of his CVVC back is soft and lovely, though a bit muffled. To get the best results, you will need to adjust overlap within the oto file. (note: I accidentally only triggered the low pitch on VC notes, but I don't want to redo more settings when the high pitch sounds pretty anyway.)



Next There is emotional and add on. I will use them in the same sample. I noticed a strange error. ん is used incorrectly. What should be "o n" is aliased as "o ん". Nothing seems to be missing, so this is an easy fix. It's just not something I've remembered seeing. 

His Voice is wonderful! The samples are much clearer than before and the tone is lovely. 


Where Can I download Kidiloid?

You can download him from his official website. He is a nice utau!

No comments:

Post a Comment