Forgotten Friday #403 - Amai Yugurune / 甘い夕暮れ音
Amai is a kind and sweet teenage girl who hates snails. I'm more partial to hating slugs. I also want to jump up and run away when I see a slug!
Note: I copied her English name from her readme and I copied the Japanese name from the Wiki. The wiki even explains that yugure means sunset. Should she really be Amai Yugurene / Yugurene Amai? Who knows!
Who is Yugurune Amai?
| art from wiki |
.
Okay! Enough future! We're switching to vaguely modern day, but it turns out witches were real!
"Why now?" Rebecca Redford leaned forward with her fingers tented.
Lola awkwardly laughed. The producers had demanded she wear traditional witch clothing to the interview. She didn't even know what that was supposed to mean! She could feel herself sweating under the harsh studio lighting. "Well, you see, we were afraid that the average person would not like us."
Rebecca's eyes were drilling into Lola.
"I mean..." Lola tried not to stammer. "We had access to things the average person didn't. How would we know we wouldn't be destroyed for being different?" An awkward giggle. "But you know, now there's technology. Maybe there's one or two things we can do that technology can't, but that's parlor tricks."
"Interesting." Rebecca leaned back. "Except, technology can't bring people back from the dead."
Lola froze. She knew Rebecca was hostile. "Yes." There was an awkward silence. Lola squirmed in her seat. "But you know... That's something that takes rare potions and all of those things. Just because you can fabricate computer chips with science doesn't mean it's easy to fabricate complete chips. It takes billions of dollars to get to the point that you can use that technology."
"How old are you?" Rebecca leaned forward again.
"I promise I'm forty!" Lola cried out. "All of my grandparents are dead! I have an iPad and I know how to use CSS!"
The malice in Rebecca's eyes was replaced with confusion. "Excuse me?"
Lola rubbed her forehead with the palm of her hand. "I told them, there's no point in letting the humans know. We can just keep to ourselves. What's the point in letting them in?!"
Rebecca looked over to the producer. "Think we can stop rolling a bit, go off the record?"
There was a cacophony of noise as the crew stopped filming and went off to the craft table. Rebecca stood and put her hand on Lola's shoulder. "I'm sorry..." She waited for Lola to look up at her. "I've lost family members to sickness. Most people have. But you're telling me... There's nothing you could have done?"
Lola shook her head. "Think of it like Breaking Bad, right? Walt had insurance through the school. But he didn't want to spend a little money for decent care. He wanted to spend big money for the best care. Our decent care is worse than your decent care. It's just when you spend a lot of money that our care gets better."
"Huh." Rebecca stood straight up. "Well... I'm sorry then. This happens with everyone, doesn't it?"
Lola shook her head. "You don't even know the start of it. I've been yelled at for not solving world hunger, for not fixing global warming... I'm not even a good witch! I can't even magically make myself tea! I accidentally explode the mug every single time!"
"Huh." Rebecca was uncomfortable. "Maybe you were the wrong person to be interviewed for the show."
How is Amai Yugurune's bank?
Amai has a single one pitch romaji CV bank. Her voice is so adorable! Absolutely lovely.
Where can I download Yugurune Amai?
You can find her on her Wiki page!
No comments:
Post a Comment