Whoo...
Forgotten Friday #404 - MeruM
MeruM is a hyperactive teenage boy who loves carrots. I miss carrots, but I cannot have them as they have too much sugar.
Who is MeruM?
| concept art |
"What can we learn from you?" Dr. Baker leaned over Maggie's desk.
Maggie looked around her office before looking back at Dr. Baker. "Honestly? Nothing. There's nothing I can teach a medical doctor. You know who comes here? People who don't trust medical doctors. Do you know where they go when I can't do anything and they start going septic? Right down to your hospital."
Dr. Baker laughed. "Really? You're telling me that you don't regrow bones and cure paralysis?"
Maggie rolled her eyes. "Sir, this is an urgent care that accommodates overnight monitoring. If you went and found someone who can cure paralysis, they could teach you something." She shook her head. "How many nose jobs have you done?"
He bristled. "I'm not a plastic surgeon."
"So what could you teach me about plastic surgery?" Her voice was completely monotone.
He huffed. "I could teach you plenty. I graduated medical school after all!"
"Cool." She was still blank. "And I didn't. I just run this little clinic. I give people potions and hope they get better. If you want to learn about potions, you need to go to the apothecary."
"Why are you witches so difficult?" He rolled his eyes. "You're acting like magic is some complex thing!"
Maggie stood and made her way to the door. "Yes. Because it is a complex thing." She opened the door. "The saying is that magic is just insufficiently explained science. Would you expect a plague doctor to understand germ theory?"
Dr. Baker crossed his arms.
"Are you like this because you think you're smarter than me? Or is this just how all humans are?" She leaned against the door frame. "You're wasting your time here. Unless your goal is to feel superior." She shrugged. "Because guess what? Feeling superior to us isn't hard. We don't have super computers and gene editing. We have potions and extremely limited localized time travel."
His jaw dropped and his eyes were blank.
"That's the secret, by the way." She shook her head as she rolled her eyes. "Someone snap their legs right in half? Grab someone to turn back time for that leg to before it was snapped. Can you learn literally anything from that?"
"You're rude." Dr. Baker grabbed his coat. "That's what you witches are - rude."
"Because you all are just peaches." She stepped away from the door to let him leave. "Please don't let me know if you have more questions. Find someone who you think might be as smart as you if you really care."
He scowled.
Once he was out of the room, she went back to get desk and sat down. She pulled out her e-reader and propped her feet up on her desk.
She didn't even like magic. She was bad at it. She had been on the side of assimilating into normal human culture. But she was regretting opening up their world. Jealousy was a very, very annoying thing to have to witness.
How is MeruM's bank?
MeruM only has one bank that I can find: a single pitch romaji CV bank. The samples have very long consonants in some places! The voice is very nice.
Where can I download MeruM?
You can find him on his Wiki page!
No comments:
Post a Comment