Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, January 1, 2021

Forgotten Friday #106 - 五十鈴ニータ / Isuzu Niita

 Happy New Year!


Forgotten Friday #106 - 五十鈴ニータ / Isuzu Niita


This UTAU belongs to a group called 愛琉家-airuga-.

According to Wiktionary, "aooga" is supposed to be the sound of an hold fashioned car horn. I always heard it as "arooga". So when I saw the website name "airuga" my dyslexia went to town. I read it several different ways before realizing it's the reading of the kanji that was right before it. Not a car horn, and not air-uga. (Air chisel?)


The name airuga is more or less "the precious gem house". The last kanji can be home or family. 


Anyway!


Who is Niita Isuzu?


Official Art from Site


What is the rating on this blog?! I know I try to keep it friendly and non-triggering! And are certain topics PG-13 or R?! This UTAU has a major part of their character that I don't know if I can mention. The part I don't know if I can mention is that he was Deuce Bigalow in the past. 


That was easy! Either someone gets the reference and sharply exhales through their nose, they Google it to figure it out, or they don't really care. No one has to read anything explicitly stating something their parents might not approve of them reading. 


Niita is rarely referred to by his family name, which was a shock for me since his visual archive entry has his full name. 


His design is insane. It's all pastel, if you count charcoal as pastel black. He's wearing blue and green Mary Janes with giant bows that lead into ribbons that are tied at his knees. I don't know if the bows are meant to look like clovers, and I don't know if the pink design on his shirt is meant to be a bow or not. It could be a butterfly shaped cutout of felt. 


The person, or people, running this site are primarily writers. I did read the story they wrote about Niita and wow. 


I mean, let me start by saying that they are objectively good writers in the sense that other than a few issues with interjections, Google translate translated it perfectly. I missed nothing by being a lazy butt. 


I read one of their Pokemon fanfics translated, and it gave me Faulkner vibes. I switched the language back to Japanese, and it gave me Faulkner vibes because wow I'm not even trying with that number of kanji.


The story about Niita had suspense and introduced him as a person much better than any biography could. It was PG-13, even though it was about a painfully heavy topic. Basically, despite being legal age, Niita is tiny. He cares for himself well, but he still lurks in dark alleyways. Glossing over what parents might object to, he has extreme strength. Like, can pick up a full grown man by the throat strength. The hammer in his design didn't come up, and I believe this story was in his past. He no longer does what he did.


When writing about utao, I kind of realized that there had to be cases where the artist and the writer just honestly disliked each other. An UTAU would have this long and detailed backstory, and then the art would look like a joke. I don't know how airuga is set up. It may be one person, it might be several. Who knows! But the pastel jumble of ideas conflicts with the story that portrayed him as a superhero version of Rusty from Major Crimes


Of course, it's totally possible that the person who designed him to look almost like a joke character envisioned that almost joke character hanging out in back alleyways like it was a con. Just cosplaying and all that fun stuff between physically assaulting men who refused to pay. 


How are Niita Isuzu's banks?


Niita has one bank. It's VCV! The OTOs are so beyond horrifically bad, it's insane.


He has a really energetic and young voice. Literally not what I expected from his biography, but okay. It's not bad at all.




Where can I download Isuzu Niita?


You can download him from the Airuga website. He's pretty cool, but not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment