Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, January 15, 2021

Forgotten Friday #108 - レター・リボン / Letter Ribbon

 Yay! This is a CVVC bank. I made CVVC to test out the CVVC capabilities of banks. Now I can use them. That's cool!

Forgotten Friday #108 - レター・リボン / Letter Ribbon


I have about seventeen thousand words until I've gone through the spreadsheet and can start processing for this batch of articles! Now, because of needing to break up all of the families, these won't be in order. So this might end up as the third article processed (it ended up being the fifth) and I'm like, only seventeen k left! But I'm at ten thousand right now. 


I wish that there weren't so many UTAUs in families just right after the other! But this was the beginning of the Visual Archive and of course people were adding their backlogs of UTAUs to it.


Anyway!


Who is Letter Ribbon?


official art from bank

I have no idea what is going on. Letter Ribbon is part of this giant family, and each member is categorized as being in a specific place. Garden, the forest, the residence, and the post box. 


There's no one place that explains what is going on. Is this an AU or just a collection of really pretty OCs with UTAU banks? I'm leaning towards the oc theory. 


Letter is kind, gentle, and a post officer.


Gender neutral language is pretty awesome a lot of the time. I slip into calling the post officers "mail men" and "mail ladies", but you can't deny that being a post officer is way cooler. Same with fire fighters. A fireman? Oh. It's a man who is related to fires somehow. But a fire fighter?! They sound like they punch fires in the face!


Letter has one of those designs. It's extremely well drawn and colored, and it feels like a perfect vocal synth design because there are different standards for vocal synth design and general character design. But I have no idea what's going on or where to even start. It's not good character design, but it perfect vocal synth character design. It's a risque play on a sailor suit with a lot of bandages. What else is there to need?!


I worked on CVVC USTs today. I really want to make a very well tuned CVVC of Uninstall. You know, that anime OP that everyone made their UTAUs sing? Like, I want to make a UST that makes UTAUs sound the way I remember them sounding in 2010. (I am so old.)


I tried using the album version, and it was just so… the isolated vocal track was so messy, I couldn't read it easily. I could try to change settings, but instead I just found a live version that I could read. But by the time I set up the whole thing, I was just too far gone in my ability to can that I pulled up some of my REAPER projects where I had made CV USTs and read the spectrogram to make them CVVC with realistic timing. I wasn't happy with them when I finished, but that might be the fault of the UTAUs I was using and not my own failings. 


I even tried out the envelope editor plugin, and I'm not the most jazzed about it. But that's because I'm living in fog right now and I don't understand, kind of? I'm like, well, context matters kinda?


My mania is subsiding and being replaced with depression. When that happens, my interests and abilities just scoot-a-loo. I pick up new ones, though! So I'm not that great of an UTAU user right now, and computer voices aren't really like… they all sound wrong and when I'm manic, I can tell you what's wrong, what can be done, and all that. Right at this moment, though, I'm just like "is this what I'm supposed to hear?"


Writing is one of my last skills to go, but you can probably tell it's slipping, and I would give an English teacher a heart attack. Well, I mean, when I put more effort into thinking of the scenario, I thought of a whole process. Like, I'd submit this article as an assignment and the bad grammar would make the teacher call my parents because the teacher thought that my previous works had been plagiarized, because look at this sentence. It's almost Japanese in lack of point and punctuation. 


How is Letter Ribbon's bank?


She only has one bank, which is a one pitch CVVC bank.

It's a really, really good bank. The recording quality is great, the voice is great, it's really good if you like energetic young women.


Where can I download Letter Ribbon?

You can download her from her download page. It's good form to never directly link to download pages, but there's a really good chance most people wouldn't find it. It's really, really hidden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment