Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #98 - 頭音千鶴 / Kashirane Chiduru

Another completely out of order, 50% cellphone article. I do apologize for everything being so out of order, but doing it this way does feel so much better and makes me happier.


Wiki Wednesday #98 - 頭音千鶴 / Kashirane Chiduru



In the previous articles, I was writing on my bed. The internet went wonky, so now I'm writing outside. How silly is that! Writing an article about UTAU outdoors! Well, it would be silly if my computer was with me. But this is just writing the biographical data. As said before, I may miss things considering I have no access to the banks as it stands. Also, this article will go up after other articles that were writing outside after this one because this bank comes from the same family as the article I previously wrote for. So, I guess we ask who this UTAU is now!



Who is Kashirane Chiduru?


Official Icon from Distribution Page


Okay so, her name is Chiduru. That's the official romanization, so that's correct. Though, ignoring the "dz" and just writing "d" makes me kind of want to call her Tiduru. But, this is a hard name for my to get right. It just looks really wrong to me for some reason.

To see the character art, I had to download it from mega. No where was it just hanging out for me to look at it. Mind you, I might have been able to view it on the download page if I wasn't on my phone.
First, I'm not sure if the skin color is an artistic choice or an indication of what her skin color is. If it's actually an accurate representation, she needs to see a dermatologist right away. She has a two tiered dress, with the top layer being the same shade of white as her waist length hair. Her dress is connected to a choker around her neck and I guess I'll figure out what her earrings are when I just blindly trust Google translate. Her eyes are a red-violet that matches the bow on her back. The bow is really big and fluffy, and that's cool.

I know it's really petty to make a joke about her bare feet not having toenails. Drawing bare feet period is difficult enough that I don't think many UTAUs even have bare feet. So, she has bare feet with a white ankle bracelet above one ankle.

I was wrong about the earrings, though. It never says on her distribution page what they're supposed to be, only that she only wears them on her right ear. So, I need to be productive to feel better, so I'm just relaying what Google translate says. I'm okay with this because she's one of the throw aways of this family. She has three banks, but one of them was just a "new equipment need to upgrade everyone" if I understand correctly. Most of the time, three banks indicates that an UTAU isn't a throw away from the get-go, but her brother has nine current banks and a whole page of old ones. She isn't the priority.

Chiduru loves music. She is a piano player, and I'll assume she does it professionally. Half of her biography was a garbled mess. "The Woethoven's Pathetic Second Movement" is her favorite thing to play.

I'm just going to editorialize and probably get things wrong. She likes to stay to herself, but she isn't introverted at all. She'll be the life of the party in a heartbeat. She is a free spirit, dancing in the middle of the floor with no shoes on while everyone tries to understand her. Many think she is some kind of outdated adorkable joke, but people who take her seriously are rewarded by her loving kindness. Also, I think her one earring is repurposed keychains. That sounds quirky and adorkable, right? Maybe phone charms, though. Actual keychains would be pretty heavy.

Hit six hundred and nine words first time I checked! On to the part I need a computer for.

How are Chiduru Kashirane's banks?


Chiduru has three banks. In order, they are CVVC, Etude, and Cherryblossom. 

In CVVC, the OTOs are very bad. The CVVC is going to be used as a CV. It's a really nice CV bank with two separate pitches, both being extremely high (A#4 and C#5). Pitches are one-hundred percent allowed to be that close in two pitch banks, because you're not adding usability at that point, just variance. But the CVVC OTOs are so bad, I just wanted to throw the whole thing in the trash. (Even the CV were horribly bad, but I'm used to that and fixed it easily.)



Thankfully, in Etude, she learned her dang lesson! The OTOs show some signs of not fully grasping the concepts, but still are completely usable! There are three pitches - C#4, F#4, and C5.

She is missing random samples in the different pitches, which I don't understand how with how CVVC works, but you can just add the name of a different pitch. Finding those errors and fixing the OTOs on top of that was not at all a challenge I enjoyed. It's a nice bank, with a very good range, but I just don't like the effort that had to be put in. I think all of it is fixable if you take the time, but eh.



Finally, there is Cherryblossom. There are three pitches: A#4, B3, and E4. Again, random samples are just missing, and I don't know how. The VC are pretty okay, but she literally has no idea how CV works... at all.

No matter how nice the bank is, you have to basically fix a lot of stuff. One of the samples wasn't available in any pitch. They all should be there, but that's a lot of hunting for things that should be there. It's fixable with a wonderful voice... But... effort. 




Where can I download Kashirane Chiduru?


You can download her from here. If you want a tedious project to do on a lonely Saturday, she would be absolutely lovely if she was fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment