Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, January 29, 2021

Forgotten Friday #110 - 蕃茄音ジュー / Tomatone Juu

 I don't know how I misread ジュー as ジョー. I mean, looking at them side by side I get it. I am just scatterbrained. 

Forgotten Friday #109 - 蕃茄音ジュー / Tomatone Juu


I have been a mess! Mostly because I just want to play Stardew Valley. I play on Android because I bought it using Google surveys rewards. I am able to mod it, and I'm in love. My favorite part of Harvest Moon DS was probably mining. I just really, really love beating up evil chickens and gaining precious stones. 


Mining in Stardew Valley was just painful, though. It was insanely easy to die and there was a time limit. I modded it to have no time limit and so that I never lose energy or health points. Now, I can mine for as long as I want and I love it! I made like 200,000 money units in one day. It breaks the game from a balancing perspective, but I want to have fun doing what I want, dang it. 


(If you want to mod it on Android, you'll need to install the apk from GitHub. Smapi for Android was taken off the play store. The file system of iPhones makes modding it basically impossible without jailbreaking.)


Who is Juu Tomatone?


official icon from bank


So, it's weird. I've studied Japanese for ten years, and "よる" never came up, despite apparently being a common word. Now, I think someone in the back is rolling their eyes hard. 夜 is one of the first words everyone learns! Naw, I'm talking about the verb. It has four kanji versions, two of them using really common kanji (reason and cause). The other ones, which I haven't learned, are foothold and reliant. It's almost always written with hiragana, because huh. There's four ways to write it.


This comes up because Juu's gender is based on the time and place, and includes an lol. Okay I guess. But I'm using male pronouns because he self-identifies as male due to using the ultra masculine "俺" as his first person pronoun.


Another random Japanese thing this biography has taught me. What is カンスト? Google Translate has no idea! Well, it's actually an abbreviation of "counter stop", which means you have reached the highest score possible in a video game. The line is "※忍耐力カンスト". There's a star, and I have no idea what it means, and then says patience highest score. Does he have the highest score of patience, or does he have the fortitude to reach the highest score? He's bright and cheerful, though.


He likes tomatoes, the dude whose shoulder he rides on, and ice cream. He loves funny things and a specific kind of comedy called manzai. It is two people acting out a skit at a fast pace, just like Abbot and Costello. He also likes those dumb French sandwich cookies.


I won't say what his number one dislike is, because it's a trigger for many people, but they said it in an obtuse way. There's a word for that they wanted to say, but they said it differently. He also hates people who hate the guy he rides on.


He is a faerie or elf, and his eye color is black. He has the same black, white, and red color scheme as Hiro. 


In the article on Hiro, I went into detail on why black, white, and red was such an awesome color scheme. I won't repeat myself aside from stating again that I really, really love the color scheme.


Apparently, Juu can change his appearance at will. They never say what height he usually is. I kind of wish they did, but at the same time, I am garbage at actually visualizing measurements. The only way I know what a foot is the fact that my foot is one foot.


How is Tomatone Juu's voicebank?


Juu only has one voicebank, and it is a one pitch CV bank. Keep in mind, this guy is a tiny magical elf.

I actually had no idea what to expect, and it still felt unexpected. The voice is extremely gentle and sweet, while being very androgynous. OTOs are bad, but it's a fine representation with the bad OTOs, so they stay.



Where can I download Juu Tomatone?


You can download him from his distribution page. He wasn't what I expected, but that's okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment