Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #99 - 否音コト / Koto Inane

I didn't write anything for this section while working from my phone.


Wiki Wednesday #99 -  否音コト / Koto Inane



Before I sat down at my computer to start writing the second halves of these articles, I wanted to get one specific thing out of the way. 


Usa-utau is a really weird collective. The UTAUs do not have their own distribution pages… but they have piapro pages? Is that even legal?

There are like twenty of them. And I can't spam one collective for half a year, because then people would get really bored. (I mean, I could. It's my blog. But I would hate that as a kid, and this blog is for baby Mae and always has been… even if she can't read it due to time travel not being a thing.) I think that people would get really bored for my future plan for spamming just Japanese banks for a while… but, I just feel a lot more comfortable being fun and snarky if the voice provider will never see it. 

I have tea to spill that I really want to decompress, but I also know that like… no. I was actually upset with RuPaul's Drag Race for having a song that instructed people to clap back. In this climate, it's better for me to curl up in a ball. If I clapped back the way I want to at this moment, I'd get arrested and spend some time in jail. I mean, throwing rocks into windows because of a racist lawn sign is clapping back… right??? 

That is mostly a joke and I will not throw rocks through windows. If it happens, it wasn't me. Humor! I'm using humor!

Who is Inane Koto?


Official Icon from Site



Koto is literally a Miku rip off with hair that is Teto hair if someone couldn't actually draw Teto hair. (It's a clip in!) Also, she's wearing a recolor of Rin's shorts and leg things, complete with the belt that… is there a purpose to that clippy thing? 

So, this UTAU has a girl bank and a boy bank, just like Rin and Len. 
I checked and the bank was released in 2013 (according to the visual archive, the distribution page has a different date). By current rules, this falls into Forgotten Friday. But I had no idea until now, so the usa group still gets to be in wiki Wednesday. But seriously? That's 2009 design choices!

She's a fourteen year old girl. She likes girls and wants to be a boy. You might think, "Yo, Mae. Why you misgendering this obvious closeted trans dude?" I'm using the gender given in the biography! And I mean, girls can sound like dudes and still be girls. Also, I'm not sure how much of a grasp the person making her had on gender issues. Because it just says "can't help but want to be a man." Does that mean dysphoria? Does that just mean she wants higher social standing that comes with manhood? Is she just a lesbian in a homophobic society that wants to remain in her body but wants to be allowed to love who she loves?!

So yeah. Just going by the biography.

All that snark aside, the design is adorable. The color scheme is cute and serene, and the quick change from girl to boy by changing the ribbon to a tie and taking out extensions was extremely well thought out. I just… do people find snarkiness funny anymore? Friends said it was funny, and the actors make millions even after ten years of no new episodes.

How are Koto Inane's banks?


Koto has four banks. She has a male CV, a male VCV, a female CV, and a female VCV. I wanted to only cover the two VCV banks, but the male CV and the male VCV do seem to have different tones.

The average pitch of the male CV is C4.


oh... kay...?

It's not the best quality, but it actually is a really good young male archetype voice. Especially as y'all know, them boys have women as the voice actors.



The average pitch of the male VCV is a G#3. It is lower, but the samples sound a bit more like a neechan voice than a young guy. (Note: I avoid using the anime term for young boy because of connotations. Lolita as a style is no issue. Jiisan is calm old man, neechan or neesan is a stern sisterly or even motherly figure).

The OTOs are perfectly fine! I could make them better, but why bother?!

It sounds less male than the previous one, and it sounds more voice acted. 



Next, we'll look at the female voice banks. I am curious, because that last one sounded girly to me, so what will the girl ones sound like?

The average pitch of the girl CV is D4. I love it and it is perfect.




The average pitch of the girl VCV is E4, It would be better if I had fixed the OTOs up, but I am actually floored. Other than the microphone not being the best, this is a really amazing UTAU. I just... Really love this UTAU.



Where can I download Inane Koto?


You can download her from her distribution page, but you will need to scroll down to find her. 

Usa-utau is weird. This should have been a garbage UTAU to make fun of new users who rip off VOCALOIDs. Instead, it's actually a very good UTAU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment