Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #96 - セリンネ紗子 / Serinne Saeko

shh... club 96.


Wiki Wednesday #96 - セリンネ紗子 / Serinne Saeko


editor's note: sometimes i become southern. this is unfortunately one of those times. i apologize.

Now, let me tell you. Downloading this UTAU was a trip. None of them are ZIP archives. They're just folders in file uploaders. The CV, "Saeko-20190416T120714Z-001" (yours will have a different name) is an absolute mess with USTs and fourteen OTOs and... an application? okay yeah, my paranoia got to me when I saw an application called "scream" and I kind of got a bit of an anxious feeling that I can't explain fully. So, I'm pretending that one bank doesn't exist because I had a psychosis moment. But, here's another crazy thing. The Wiki, which is new and fancy, wasn't up to date, but the Wikia was! It's not even a Wikia anymore - it's a fandom.

So, I did kick the CV out, but because I checked the Wikia, there's a new VCV I wouldn't have found if I didn't go and search all over the place.

Who is Saeko Serinne?

art by Cherkura

This is why we love Wikia. Saeko has a trivia section that answers all of the questions - the majority of them being "We were being sarcastic." Why is she six foot tall? Eh. Why is her Bubble Tea six foot tall? Because VOCALOID character items are silly. Why is her last name in katakana? Because it's a MYSTERY if she's Japanese or  not. 

She is part of "Kura Inc" and acts like the mama. She's blunt, but doesn't realize it. When someone points it out, she feels really sad and tries to apologize. She's a stereotypical housewife for her boyfriend. All of the creator's settings are allowed to be changed for headcanon purposes, but it is required to get permission before you use her in a work of fiction such as a fanfic. 

Y'all know how I be about dang old fanfics, though. Ya dang old put the bank on the internet and then the bank is singin' and a dancin', and I just wanna make a dang story about the socioeconomic ramifications of the stratification of mortals and immortals, and I ain't gunna want to ask no dang permission gonna make the kid in the dang infantry going pew pew pew for dang Camila Melodia.

I... I think I've been up too long.  

How is Serinne Saeko's banks?


Well, as I said earlier, I did a poorly and didn't want to touch a folder had an application in it. But, we'll track on and look at the Act 1 VCV first, which was said as the recommended before Act 2 was the recommended. The samples get said all fast like, so that means possible issues with samples getting pulled apart all robotic like. She's got a nice soft voice, but the dang OTO's ain't no good. 


But she said VCV Act 2s the recommended, so we'll just say "Okay, this ain't the recommended, so we ain't gonna say nothing much about it." I dragged the overlap back to get it closer to real VCV OTOs done right. The voice is dang pretty, though. 



So, we got the VCV Act 2 next. Dang same OTO problem. Got the preutterance pretty close to perfect, but the overlap ain't even close to right. I fixed it up. She got some whirring in her, maybe because the samples are short. Use any resampler that loops instead of stretches, that should fix it. But I only use the default, 'cause everyone got the default. No one feels like I dang lied when one bank sounds one way on my blog and some other way on their computer.

Technically, Act 2 is a better bank than Act 1. I like the muffled sound, but on a technical level, that muffled sound isn't considered "good". Act 2 has a good recording environment and has really nice, clear samples. But, Act 2 is a bit more forceful. Act 2 is recommended, so I'd recommend using Act 2 to respect the voice provider's wishes of using what she recommended.


Where can I download Saeko Serinne?


You can download her from her UTAU Fandom page. I'm sorry I ended up not talking the way I usually talk. Been working on these all night. Everyone snaps in their own way, and I reckon I just talk funny when I snap in a real minor way. Ain't gonna write no more tomorrow, cause I guess I need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment