Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, January 22, 2021

Forgotten Friday #109 - Re:Re:のリリウム / Lilium

I can't stop eating. I don't want to, but I can't stop. I told myself, no more food until you finish five more articles! And I said, okay. fine.

Forgotten Friday #109 - Re:Re:のリリウム / Lilium


This is not the best name for an UTAU for a silly reason. Lilium was one of the old UTAU standards, like Uninstall and Melt. I actually have no idea what Lilium sounds like. I mean, I probably heard UTAUs sing the song years ago… a lot. But whereas I remember what Melt or Daughter of Evil sounds like, Lilium escapes me.


Okay so, writing this explanation on this article feels silly, because I will have to publish this one out of order because it is from a family.


But, one of my big issues that led me to be disorganized was that I would skip around just based on how I was feeling. Oh, this one has five VCV banks? Later. Oh, this one looks cute? Okay, this one. To fight that, I compiled a list of forty-six UTAUs. The banks are on my computer as we speak. I excluded the ones that were locked behind axfc being a jerk, so I had no excuse to put them off.


Other than cases like this article where I'll need to skip past it while processing samples to not spam a family, I'm going to go down the list both while writing the articles and processing them.


I always end up breaking my plans because they tend to be kind of… kind of not great. But this plan sounds very good to me. It's less ambitious and I won't get to a point where I'm confused because I don't even know who I have covered.


Who is Lilium?

Official Art from Bank


If polymelia freaks you out, scoot-a-loo away. This UTAU has three arms and three legs. Thank goodness for me cropping the icons from the official art instead of posting up the art!


She has two right arms and her one left arm was amputated below the elbow. I assume, at least, because there are bandages. She has two left legs, but one of them is facing backwards. 


She is a plant human. She will grow back anything cut off, except for her left arm. Her ears are tree branches with flowers growing from them. I have no idea what the situation with her eyes is. The biography is rather rushed, and Google translate gives the explanation of "One eye, two left feet, two right eyes, one left eye. In the case of assimilated polycular Lilium, the right eye is not functioning." 


I believe this is a reference to the fact that she had only one functioning eye on her face, but three on her chest.


She has virtually no personality and enjoys sleeping and photosynthesis. She hates fire, ants, and polluted air.


I'm just confused about the design and what led the artists to make it the way it is. My understanding just from looking at it is that her polymelia is a reference to her being a plant with multiple branches. The eyes on her chest may be a reference to the gnarled knots on trees. Or… she doesn't need her head? There's a line on her neck showing you can remove the head, but I think the author says there's no reason to do that. Like, what's the point of that detail other than to make people uncomfortable.


Maybe I'm thinking too much into it and they just wanted to make an UTAU that would make as many people uncomfortable as possible with just one piece of art. Her bottom right arm actually has the same marking as her neck to say that you can also cut it off the way you can prune a tree. 


I have no idea what the little curtain on the area where her left eye is meant to be is. I'm not sure if it's meant to be a curtain.


It's just a really confusing design.



How is Lilium's bank?


She has one bank, and it is VCV. It is really nice! She sounds very gentle and young. It has this weird bit of voice acting that I can't properly describe right now. But it's really cute!



Where can I download Lilium?


You can download her from her distribution page. Just remember, though, her design may be scary to some people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment