Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, January 8, 2021

Forgotten Friday #107 - 椎音アンナ / Shiine Anna

 People ask if I'm okay. It's a weird question for me. But, like, I'm healthy and in no danger so, sure, yeah. I'm okay. 


Forgotten Friday #107 - 椎音アンナ / Shiine Anna


Chiquita don't have good art compared to her male counterpart. Which is really unfortunate, because that's all she has besides her voice. Not even the Visual Archive has anything besides name, gender, and release date.


Now, I'm not in a place where I can say if art is good or bad, because it's subjective. But the male counterpart, Haruka, has generic but very well done art. And Anna has art where you can literally tell how much love and effort went into it. But, like, there were fundamental misunderstandings in how things work. I've been there, you've been there. I don't know if Haruka got the art as a gift or if it was traced…


And Anna has decent art! It's her image on the Visual Archive! So why is the more advanced art on the Archive and not the website?!


Keep drawing. If your art looks like the image on the website, mine did too when I was younger. Growth and all that stuff!


Who is Anna Shiine?


icon from bank


Anna has pale blonde hair and crimson eyes. 


She wears a white shirt with a red bow and a red skirt on her art on the website. 


Okay so, I know that it isn't accepted to edit art without permission… but the voice provider won't see this for two reasons. They are Japanese and they scoot-a-loo'd from the fandom two years ago. I feel like showing what a big difference a few tweaks can make is educational, and thereby fair use.


If the voice provider or manager sees this and feels I was out of line or that this was inappropriate, I will happily repent with free art, OTOs, and / or covers for them.



The edited version isn't perfect by any means, but shows easy ways to improve the drawing from an anatomy standpoint. (I did it on my phone with picsart. Using the stretch tool made the lines blurry.)


The first thing I did was to make the profile of the face a little more human while still having that old manga stylization. I pulled the forehead and eyes out further to better balance the nose. To try and get the eyes to feel like the center of the head, I did pull the chin up a bit. I pulled the hair a bit closer to the center of the face so that there was less blank space.


Next, I lengthened the hand just a bit to fit the face better. I didn't widen it, because the small and dainty hands go along with stylization. Speaking of lengthening, I lengthened the body. You can see where I cut and pasted from the break in the line work on her back. I tried to make the shoulders more pronounced and cinched the waist a bit.


The art had good bones. It just took some suggestions to get it to a really nice place that no one would think anything poorly of. I think that's my point? It felt uncomfortable, but all of the things that made it feel uncomfortable could be fixed if it was known what they were.


But yeah. I know it's bad form to do this exercise without permission. But, like, I really doubt the artist will ever find out. My Forgotten Friday articles get like three views on average. The lead in talking about art may skew that… but, if any lawyers come around, it was commentary she critique and that's fair use.


How is Shiine Anna's bank?


She only has one bank, and it is a one pitch CV bank. It is very soft and noisy with an extremely sweet tone.




Where can I download Anna Shiine?


You can download her from her website. She's a nice UTAU.

No comments:

Post a Comment