Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, April 2, 2021

Forgotten Friday #119 - 炉宮シス / Roku Shisu / Loxiloid

 I usually wouldn't just add the filename of the bank to the title, but like, it fits? I think it's supposed to be Loxi? Rokushi is Lock-see. But then there's the "su". Who even knows?


Forgotten Friday #119 - 炉宮シス / Roku Shisu / Loxiloid


I think this is the best example of a bank I should definitely tackle while I'm on my computer. The Visual Archive has five pieces of biographic data. That's... almost nothing. But, typing six hundred words of literally nothing is difficult on my phone. I could do it in my sleep on my computer! I mean, I feel uncomfortable sitting at my desk, and my phone isn't an option at the moments...

Who is Shisu Roku?

official icon


Shisu is a boy! And his voice type is boy. His catchphrase is "nyaa" and he was released in March of 2009. That's it. That's all the Visual Archive has on him.

I honestly thought he was going to be a girl from the design and the name Loxi. 

He is themed off of traditional Japanese stuff and has cat ears and a tail. Apparently he does have art that was actually hand drawn floating around, but his bank just has these template characters. 

I am a bit disappointed in myself in that I had garbage self control and my original spreadsheet is an absolute mess. There are over 300 UTAUs on there, and like... I know that I've covered plenty of them, this is number 119 of course... But I should have done it in a way more manageable way. Like the way I was doing it on my phone!

But, going without just rolling around my bed with my phone made me just think... Man, I really need to take care of this because it's genuinely ridiculous that this insane backlog exists. And maybe, like, the bump down in comfort would be worth it for these articles.

And like, the counter argument is just that the Wiki Wednesday banks are pretty huge, and I need to free up space on my computer. Because like, it's such a mess. My mind is really disorganized, and I have no idea what I need and what I don't. So, instead of just rounding up things I don't need immediately and putting them in storage... Why not just write articles for my blog and delete the banks afterwards?!

This bank is under ten megabytes if I remember correctly. Writing this article does nothing to help my poor computer out. But, I don't want Wiki Wednesday to be an entire year ahead of Forgotten Friday, do I? Do I really want to forget the Forgotten Friday UTAUs and make them sit on my computer until they turn 20 in 2029?! 

I really don't know. I do know that I kind of feel hungry. And I feel cold, but I also feel overheated. I don't know who I am or why I am, or what this blog even means in the greater context of the world.

How is Roku Shisu's bank?

I have a hundred words to burn. And it's a one pitch CV bank from 2009. 

The average pitch is G3. The recording quality is typical of 2009 banks. It's not the best, but it is extremely nostalgic. The tone is soft and youthful, but the fact that the samples were recorded as staccato means that the bank may be more difficult to get to sounding the way you want it to. I'm torn on whether or not the voice resembles the design to any major degree. 

And boom goes the dynamite! Vamping takes way less time on my computer!

Anyway, he has a nice, youthful voice that will take you right back to 2009.



Where can I download Loxiloid / Shisu Roku?


You can download Loxiloid from his distribution page

Man, I went from explicitly stating I was avoiding 2009 UTAUs to doing three articles on them in a row. That's nice, though, not totally shunning the old timers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment