Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, April 30, 2021

Forgotten Friday #123 - v.m.g.のシナ / Shina

 So, I go really, really hard on Canon in this. The context is that Canon openly admitted to having fascist leanings. I posted on Twitter saying, yeah, an East Asian likes fascism. We knew this, especially since she's been openly transphobic this entire dang time. But naw, people be shocked that the transphobic Japanese lady likes fascism. 


Forgotten Friday #123 - v.m.g.のシナ / Shina


I think I've figured out my plan of action! So, priority #1 is to push out Forgotten Friday until August, just like Wiki Wednesday. I think I have enough banks in the current spreadsheet to do that no issue.

Second priority is to process all of the banks in my download folder that are taking up way, way too much space. I do believe I have the articles for most of the problem children written, so that won't be too difficult.

And then, I'll take a slight detour and work on the Wiki itself so that I can write the original batch of Forgotten Friday articles from my phone without flipping between five different tabs. Page doesn't exist? Add it. Page has no information? Add it. 

At that point, you'd think it would be quicker to just, you know, write the articles. But as you may have seen, vamping.

So, all that being said…

Who is Shina?

official art from bank


Everyone is allowed to dress however they like. I'm a Drag Race fan. So, why am I giving this UTAU a pass when I have openly called Canon transphobic?


Because Ritsu is a joke. Ritsu is meant to be laughed at. Canon hasn't told people to stop using transphobic language around Ritsu. Ritsu has emboldened other people to be transphobic. This is all very bad, and okama is a slur. 


Shina isn't referred to with a blatant slur. As far as I know, 男の娘 may be slang, but it's not a slur to the degree that okama is. 


I don't know who made him or why, but the in universe reason for why Shina cross dresses is really, uh… sweet in the Southern Gothic sense. His sister, who he loved dearly, passed. He tries to keep her alive in any way that he can by imitating her appearance as best as he can. He is thirteen years old and his race is listed as demon. 


Shina has troubles in life. He goes around with his chest puffed out, insulting those around him. But he does it to hide the fact that he is lonely, miserable, and can't be honest. Is this hinting that he may be an egg?


Don't get your hopes up. Japan still really sucks about trans issues. I wanted to read up and give examples, but I had to stop and just stare at nothing for a bit. Their shiny new law that goes in to place in 2022 requires irreversible and permanent sterilization to change your sex legally. 


I mean, that sucks. Everyone experiences dysphoria in different ways. Some people can love their bodies if they can function in the role of the gender they know they are. They can go on to have babies and love the babies. 


Many trans people hate everything about the gender they were assigned at birth. They would happily jump at sterilization if it gets them closer to the body they were meant to have. 


You might notice that I'm projecting Western ideals onto a character who was not created with those in mind. The person who made him may have actually been trying to copy Ritsu. But the thing is that the text doesn't support the idea that this character is a bad joke. And that's the issue with Ritsu: is a six year old with triple Gs that loves North Korea and the gender is a slur.


I can't get that from the text of Shina's biography.


How is Shina's bank?


There's a new version of rentan and it makes me unreasonably angry. (That's hyperbole!)

Basically, there's "- CV" and "CV". "CV" is recorded as stringed, and could almost be used as CVVC, except things are missing. "- CV" is just straight up CV.

That's so much effort to put in, that feels really useless because the effort to do the "- CV" could have been used to make it dang CVVC. 

Bleh. There are three pitches, A4, C4, and F4.

I accidentally opened the wrong UST, and I'm glad I did. Aside from not being CVVC... He is perfect in every single way and I love him. 



OH MY GOODNESS! I WAS WRONG! I He is CVVC!

But... it's doing that thing where it just decides the CV samples don't exist? Instead of defaulting to the base pitch... I'm going to fix this so that I can tell all of y'all to fix this.

So, if a sample is missing from a pitch, it will default to the pitch that has no suffix. So, what happens when all of the pitches has suffixes? There is no default. So, let's take F4 and remove the suffix so that it will default to that. If F4 is missing samples, then like... why? But, we'll know we can just slap on C4 or A4. Remove F4 from the prefix map... 

さC4 was missing, and before changing F4 to no alias, it wouldn't play. But now it plays the F4 sample! 

The OTOs could use a little bit of work, but compared to a lot of stuff I've seen, they're perfect. 

This is literally perfect and he is literally perfect.

 

Where can I download Shina?


You can download him from his distribution page. He's a thirteen year old demon who likely has PTSD from his sister's passing. 

I love him. I hope you love him too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment