Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #112 - 有響シロ / Shiro Ukyou

This is just something interesting. Even though this UTAU only has one bank, the one bank is over four-hundred megabytes in its archive! I'm freeing up a lot of space by spending a little time! Cool. 


Wiki Wednesday #112 - 有響シロ / Shiro Ukyou


This UTAU is an usa UTAU, but he has his own distribution page! That's pretty cool. I think that means that the collective has faith in his character and recordings.

So, I love just writing articles out of order. On my phone, I just write, write, write and don't worry about figuring out who is 100, who is 101… I'll figure out the ordering later. I'm not having to write about someone I find boring just because it would fit there. Even if I need to use them as a buffer of sorts, I can move that to later on. Having fun and doing the fun stuff and then layering the boring stuff in later… I really love this freedom.

Who is Ukyou Shiro?


Official Art from Bank

So, I have to just point out something that felt like a joke, but maybe wasn't intended as one. It isn't explained if it is from birth or from amputation, but he only has his right hand. In the description, it says he is right handed. "Ya think?"

Though, it could be a translation booboo since I'm just letting Google translate do everything for me since it automatically translated the page. It could be saying that he only has his right hand and Google is being blunt. But, yeah. Maybe they knew not everyone would see the design in a way that would show his affected arm.

But also he's a God of Mourning and can become a furry. His missing arm as a human becomes a large paw. Also, sometimes he dresses in a suit and has two arms. Sometimes his hair is white, and sometimes it is brown. Sometimes he is blonde. Not even his furry form is consistent! In one picture, he has a bird's claw on his left foot to mirror the fact that his left arm became a wing. In the other, both feet look as if they belong to a canine. I think he has a tail? Or a really long ponytail. I think he's supposed to be a fox because his mask looks like a fox.

He likes candy and coffee and runs an antique shop. He can't stand when people don't appreciate antiques. 

His eyes change with the shape of the Moon, and his antique shop is magical. It just disappears and reappears at random. It's a massive warehouse, but the rooms change based on the wishes of who walks in.

Apparently he has no memory of his furry form and can change his hair color at will. He uses white fog to obscure things. He searches for who he was and is terrified by it. 

Basically, this guy has a bio like he got plucked out of an anime. His magical antique shop has everything. Rare stuff, old stuff, new stuff, cryptids… everything there is loved, and that is the purpose of the store.

Finding all of the information was a journey. I went to the usa utau page for him, got some information. Went to his actual distribution site and got more. The information was broken up into different panes, and I had no idea how to operate it at first. But once you got through them, there was a link to more information!

I really believe the person who made this UTAU put a lot of love and care into him and his story. It's a very interesting one. I do kind of wish there was a story about him that I could read, because, no lie, he really does sound like a compelling character.

How is Ukyou Shiro's bank?


It's massive. It has four pitches! And it's all VCV! Sadly, OTOs are garbage. His prefix map is also weirdly done. 

His recordings are quite inconsistent, but not inside pitches themselves. The pitches just don't go together well. But, he has a very beautiful voice.


Where can I download Shiro Ukyou?


Here's his official website! I am beyond shook I found this guy through usa-utau. 

No comments:

Post a Comment