Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #111 - カミカッチ / Kamikatchi

I have done four articles tonight, regardless of my accidentally doing something I hadn't intended on doing. I thought, it's only 6:30AM... I can do an UTAU with multiple banks. So I pulled up this little treasure, and she only had one bank! Isn't it awesome when stuff works out like that?


Wiki Wednesday #111 - カミカッチ / Kamikatchi


After doing a few usa-utau articles, I was ready to just put away Google docs and get to doing something different. But on a whim, I just clicked a random name on the spreadsheet and up popped Kamikatchi! 

Sometimes I see a design, and I just think, I love this UTAU. I don't care what it sounds like. I love it. I have no idea what she sounds like, but I love her.

Who is Kamikatchi?


Official Art from Bank

First, I love my phone. Autocorrect will type out Kamikatchi for me. That name would drive me insane on my computer. Oh wait, I'll still need to type it on my computer eventually. Oh well!

So, her design is adorable without being cute. She's a strong woman who will punch your face for fun, and I'm here for it. And I'm not just making that up! She has sadistic and spontaneous tendencies. She will, in fact, punch your face for fun.

Let my clarify that a real life human who does that is scum. Unprovoked psychical assault is never okay. Being sadistic is never okay. (But pretending to be with a consenting adult in a safe and caring environment with ample aftercare is okay.)  But this is a fictional character. Fictional characters can be amusing, absolutely endearing scum. 

And like. Her voice provider may correct me, but I love her catchphrase of "A smile suits you!" Because like, a lot of women know how hard you grit your teeth when you get told to smile by men. Like, I'm not here to be pretty, bucko. I can just imagine her kicking a misogynistic jerk to the floor and digging her heel into his chest. "A smile suits you!" He's sobbing because a 5'4" girl who only weighs 140 lbs straight up wrecked his day. But like. That's what you get, fictional man. If you were a real man, I'd be on your side that being psychically assaulted by a woman is just as wrong as being physically assaulted by another man. But you're fictional. I have issues that I'm allowed to work out in fictional settings, okay?!

She is energetic and upbeat, but she will throw down if you step towards her brother.

She loves apathy and mint tea. Rain makes her happy, but noisy people might see some fists. She hates sleeping in and she especially hates traffic. Her favorite food and color on her wiki page are the same as my favorite color and my favorite Japanese food. I love lavender and I love udon. Her favorite genre is electronic. But does that mean trap? Dubstep? Eurodance?! The last time I listened to trap I got a panic attack, but when I was still James Dean it was dope. 

I almost went into a story about the time I got dragged into a closed park in the middle of the night and had to listen to a thirty minute trap remix of Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus, but I don't think there's anything past that appropriate for the blog.

Kamikatchi is a modern pirate. She has the stance and the puffy shirt! Her boots fold over! And her teeth are pointy! I don't know if that relates to pirates, but they are! 

Her dress screams swashbuckler. Her hair is white with a few grey streaks, and her eyes are green. Her not having pupils is a stylistic choice. But I say she has cataracts. Everything she sees is though a frosted window pane, but she is so strong willed, she doesn't let it get in her way. Because she is strong! She is powerful! And she can punch jerks in the face, first time, every time.

How is Kamikatchi's bank?


She just has one VCV bank. The average pitch is F4. She has a strong voice with a lot of inflection. This means realistically tuned USTs are a nightmare for her. But with simple USTs, she's amazing. She's young, strong, and spunky.


Where can I download Kamikatchi?


No comments:

Post a Comment