Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, April 16, 2021

Forgotten Friday #121 - 菓音カロン / Kane Karon

 I broke my rules very badly and downloaded a large bank when it wasn't free internet time, despite the fact that I have about thirty Forgotten Fridays written and waiting to be processed. The reason was so that I could show how to download from Axfc. I downloaded one of them, so I did need to download both, even though one was a bit too large.

Forgotten Friday #121 - 菓音カロン / Kane Karon


Thank you to nmasao for making this article possible. The full steps to downloading from Axfc should be on the banner at the top of the page. Because this chiquita was not going to come and live on my computer for a bit without literally finding a workaround to download things... from a site completely dedicated to uploading and downloading files.

I more or less chose this UTAU randomly to download. But like, I'm glad I did because her design makes me unreasonably happy. 

Who is Karon Kane?


Official Art from Site

I love her. I haven't heard her banks yet, but I love her. I five thousand percent prefer the art on her website to the art on the visual archive. Which is why the icon is from the site.

So, my aesthetic when it comes to ultra-kawaii is pretty simple. Shoujo eyes (check), tiny hands and feet (check!), and just being so indefinably adorable. 

The indefinable means that I can't put it into words. And like, it reminds me of Harvest Moon, and it reminds me of childhood with the shading on her skin being so warm. And the spacing on the eyes is the perfect spacing. Just a little farther and it would have looked strange, and just a little closer and it would have looked strange. But, this spacing is peak kawaii. 

Another thing is that the facial anatomy scans according to the traditional rules by my very sloppy method of measuring the distances by pinching the air in front of the image. 

And the design. The color story is wonky. Warm red, cool grey, tawny, and brown with light pink hair. It doesn't really work, but that just makes her more unique and sweet. She dressed herself for school!

As a note, the color story for the waist up, as seen in the icon on this page, is literally perfection. The skirt kind of clashes, but not everyone has a fashion designer to dress them. Her shirt is sleeveless with a muted orange panel in the front and a white collar. 

Her skirt has an over-sized waistband with two buttons that makes it high waisted while preserving the typical Lolita cupcake skirt vibe. The skirt itself is a cool grey, and she has a white petticoat under it!

Her stockings are brown and her boots are light brown. She looks like she rolled out of a Harvest Moon game and I love her. 

Her age is around fifteen and she's only about five feet tall! That is so adorably tiny when paired with her adorable design! 

Her favorite thing is macarons. Not the obviously superior macaroons. Those fancy French sandwich cookies. It's really cool that you can make macarons vegan, though. I might try them someday if they're vegan.

How are Kane Karon's banks?


Karon has two banks. The first is normal VCV, and the second is multipitch VCV. Normal VCV is a one pitch bank recorded at F4. Multipitch is three pitches, recorded at A3, F4, and C5. 

Now... Is her bank as perfect as her design? Well, OTOs bad, and I can't hear over the bad OTOs. (so I fixed them!)

Her voice is a bit deeper and more mature than I expected from the design, but it is still a very, very nice bank.



I edited the prefix map of the multipitch bank so that all pitches would play in this test of her multipitch VCV. When playing the samples themselves, it does legitimately sound like it would be perfect. But UTAU just screws around and makes the soft pitches sound way more forceful than they were meant to be and can make for a strange effect. But, it's still a good bank, even if it doesn't match how absolutely kawaii she looks. (But like, I don't know if that level of soft kawaii is possible in UTAU.) When the pitches are more spaced out, the effect is better


Where can I download Karon Kane?


You can download her from her official site. Her voice may not have lived up to my hype from her design, but she's still a really good UTAU with a multipitch VCV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment