Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, July 2, 2021

Forgotten Friday #132 - 華峯結月 / Hanamine Yuduki

I'm doing well! I'm getting articles done!

Forgotten Friday #132 - 華峯結月 / Hanamine Yuduki


Yuduki. That's how it's officially romanized on the site. That feels really awkward! 

This group has a lot of UTAUs, but only this one and Magical Girl Saonyan qualified in a row. More of them might pop up later… but yay! Only two to break up and not more!

Who is Yuduki Hanamine?


Official Art from Bank


Yuduki is seventeen. He loves tofu and bean sprouts, but hates shellfish.


Random digression! I spent nearly half of my life thinking I was allergic to mussels and clams because of something that happened when I was really young. It turns out that it wasn't an allergy, but it was horrific food poisoning. I'm too young to remember it, so I just went off of what other people said mostly.


I eventually ate some clams and had no reaction and I was so confused at first! Looking back now, it's a little silly. Crustaceans never gave me problems, and I love scallops and octopodes. Those are mollusks. How is an octopus or squid related to a clam?


The answer is that cephalopods aren't exactly mollusks. The shell evolved into an internal structure. That hurts my brain a little. 


I was about to say how happy I was that I'm not allergic to squid because I love eating it, but then I remembered that I'm vegan now. Dang it. But, I've only been able to get squid around here at Asian restaurants, and my intense soy intolerance kind of makes those places a place I shouldn't actually go to. 


Yuduki always smiles and loves to catcall women. He's fiercely overprotective of his sisters.


It's kind of weird to say that I think that it's implied that his catcalling is cute and harmless. The actual word is "声をかける", which means more so to greet someone or start talking to them. So it's not written out as a construction worker going "weet-woo", but just calling it catcalling still feels correct in the sense that, at its most mild form, catcalling includes unwanted comments. In a cute world, saying howdy to every girl who passes is adorable! But like, you know, there are plenty of women who don't want to be accosted because they look pretty.


He's dressed as Indiana Jones in killer heels for some reason. I don't know why he is, but he is. He has differently colored eyes. One is green and one is blue. He has blonde hair.


Oh man. I'm just a mess right now in general. Things just pile up, you know? I've noticed that when I'm really stressed, I end sentences with "ya know?" to a degree that gets kind of annoying like. I actually have tried to develop a catchphrase. (che.) But then the one I fall back on in dramatic moments is just "ya know?" Like "Global warming is killing is all, ya know?" Because, ya know, right? I'm not crazy, right?! This knowledge is knowledge we share, right?!


And I mean, it could be countered with, no man, I don't know. Then it's like, what do I know? Is this not the case? Am I the only one who knows this?! I can't be. But what if I'm wrong? They'd tell me, right?!


I mean, it's just weird, ya know? How life is and how it isn't and… ya know?

How are Hanamine Yuduki's banks?


He has a two expression CV bank, the three pitch VCV Merlot bank, and the two pitch VCV Volnay bank. Those are both kinds of wine.

The CV bank is really cute and nice, and the power and the normal expressions work perfectly together! It's a nice, kind of boyish kind of normal guy voice. A bit of static, but that's no big deal at all!


Next, we'll look at Merlot.

The E3 pitch has OTOs I can't fix easily because the samples are so... tiny and quiet. G#3, the OTOs are uniform, but the consonants are too long. It's kind of a nice bank, but there's just weird issues and it would need a lot of fixes.


Will Volnay turn the tide in favor of Yuduki?! The OTOs are actually good enough that I don't feel a need to touch them?! The samples are a reasonable volume?!! If you're okay with a bit of static, and you like young male voices, this bank is literally perfect for you. The jump from F3 to A3 is perfect - just strong enough to make the kire effect, but not strong enough to feel too different than the lower pitch. It's very, very good with basically no effort on the part of the user. There are some samples that seem to have mistakes and blips that will show up in the renders, but oh well! It's a very good bank that more than makes up for Merlot!!


Where can I download Hanamine Yuduki?


You can download him from his website. While it's not my favorite voice type, I can still recognize it as a great UTAU!

No comments:

Post a Comment