Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Wiki Wendesday #124 - 宝音ツキ / Tsuki Tarakane

I have like a hundred things I need to be doing at this moment, but I ran into an issue or two. But, let me give you advice that may sound stupid. When you quit Twitter, don't deactivate your account. Twitter is the best way to contact almost everyone in the vocal synth fandom. If you do work like I do, you will need to contact people eventually. Instead of deleting it, just block in on your browser so that you can't visit it unless you absolutely need to turn it off to DM someone.


Wiki Wendesday #124 - 宝音ツキ / Tsuki Tarakane


I didn't go to great effort to find out if Tsuki had any new banks. I went to mild effort. I checked YouTube to see if there were any bank release videos. I didn't message KS72 about it. But, I think I'm safe assuming that the bank on the wiki page is the only one that is up now.


I'm going to out and say it. Myst messes up designs when she draws UTAUs. Her art is fine, it's just that Tsuki has a really cool design on her shoes. There are gem shaped wings jutting up from the sides that cover her ankles. If I were to draw them, I would add shading to make them seem translucent and shine like gems. Myst drew them as some ren-faire elf boots. She didn't even try to get it right, as the sides of the actual boots jut upwards, and her boots just randomly flopped over horizontally. She always messes up at least one element. If no one is paying her for it, and she's doing it out of kindness, then you can't complain. It's just annoying because it makes the design worse.

Who is Takarane Tsuki?


Official Art from Wiki


Tsuki's personality is stated to be KS's head canon, and can be changed for usage. She loves video games and potatoes, and hates drama and being yelled at. She takes criticism very poorly.


So, a lot of us UTAU users are actually the same. We're introverts living online. We're not really prone to liking going out in public or even talking to people in person. But, we know in our hearts that we are sweet and fun if people just took the time to get to know us. That's why so many UTAUs have the same exact personality. Because this specific sub-set of UTAU users more or less have this personality offline.


I mean, before the pills I was a social butterfly mixed with a tornado. But that's why my UTAU didn't have this personality. But when I was depressed, this was pretty much my personality too. I'm not rolling my eyes at the personalities being "unoriginal", I'm grateful that people are creating UTAUs they see themselves in. Those are always my favorite, because they tend to have the most love put into them.


You may be wondering why there are so many UTAUs with a green and orange color scheme. The answer isn't carrots! Green, yellow, and orange make up a split analogous colors scheme. Analogous would be yellow, yellow-green, and yellow-orange. Doing split allows you to use green-green and orange-orange.


You're probably wondering why the yellow is missing. The answer is… people weren't looking at color charts. They just did what looked good and made them happy. Certain color combinations will just almost always turn out good.


Purple, green, and blue is another split analogous theme. It's my favorite one, I think. Art is like music. You don't think there's any math, but then there is! There's so much math in art.


Tsuki's shirt, stockings, and bracers are black with green designs. The green designs glow! The designs are circles and lines. Her boots, skirt, and gloves are green. Her boots and gloves have a white stripe running down them.


She has yellow-green gems all over her body. Her boots and headphones have giant gems coming from them. Her wrists, shoulders, stockings, and belt all have gems on them also.


Her super long and voluminous ponytail is yellow-orange with green tips on the fringe around her face and the end of her ponytail.

How is Tsuki Tarakane's bank?


Dyslexia got me. I've been saying her Takarane in my head this entire time. 

Tsuki just has one bank that I found: her Act 1 CV. OTOs are pretty dang good! She is a pretty good CV bank with that old 2010 tone done well. Pretty mature, but not too mature. Pronunciation could be better, but it's not bad enough to notice it really.


Where can I download Takarane Tsuki?


You can download her from her Wiki page. She is a nice UTAU. 

1 comment:

  1. well if tsuki's personallity describes alot of UTAU/synth users, i must be alot different bc i love drama and i'm very extroverted

    ReplyDelete