Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #125 - リィア-・ヴァ-ティナ- / Leer Vertiner

Huh. Vaatina-. I was saying Ver-tuh-near. I mean, replacing the dashes with "r" means Vartinar. I'm glad I added the official katakana version.


Wiki Wednesday #125 - リィア-・ヴァ-ティナ- /  Leer Vertiner



Oh no… so, Leer is an oc made for a DeviantArt group that's like a freedom D&D based off of a Japanese video game series. I mean, it's a structured roleplay group. Or… it was. In 2016, Tales of Devotia shut down, seemingly forever. 

Apparently, roleplay group on DeviantArt are straight up cursed. This one group has had at least two major schisms and had massive amounts of broken friendships littering the path. An updated version of him was made for TalesofYlemiaRP, a roleplay group made by akiVinz themselves. The dA group seems a bit dead, but apparently they have a discord server where things are still going decently enough!

Good for akiVinz. Be the change you want in this world.


Who is Leer Vertiner?

Official Art from Bank


This is basically paraphrased, paragraph by paragraph, from his Tales of Devotia app to the point that it could be considered mild plagiarism. But because I'm telling you that, and giving you the link, I wouldn't get expelled from school for doing so! 
I don't know the terms for all this stuff at the moment. I know a cat girl is a nekomimi, but Veer is a dude with uh… elf ears with fur. He was originally half elf and half fox, so the ears don't really belong to animals.

He has a tail, which is super fluffy. It is grey and white. He uses swords.

Veer is quiet. He enjoys solitude more than anything else, but he doesn't have social anxiety. He fits in pretty well with large crowds. Though, if someone in the crowd addresses him, he can't really hold a coherent conversation, as he is just really, really awkward.

He is a hero who will always swoop in and help anyone to the best of his ability. But, sometimes he's in over his head and gets frustrated. When he's embarrassed, he uses his tail to hide his face.

He will not fight for no reason. If there's no meaning to the battle, he heads out. He sees all sapient beings as equal, despite being an elf. Tolkien style elves think they are better than everyone else, right? It's so silly how elves are either little people who make toys or the tallest people in the room with mad magic. Tolkien really resonated, I figure.

I think there's a talking dog named Zev. The issue is just that I don't know the lore of Devotia. Veer and Zev literally argue, so Zev has to talk. But he's referred to as a dog, and I imagine an actual dog. 

He's great at cooking and loves berries. Not just berries, but specific ones that spawn into the Tales games on cliffs or mountains. 

As a note, it was implied the art was made with just a touchpad. I can argue that for some art styles, a mouse can be better than a tablet, but a touchpad is never even kind of good for art!

AkiVinz, if you read this, you're amazing. Your art is amazing and you created a compelling, three dimensional character. With so many UTAUs being just five lines of biography, I'm so happy to see one who feels like an actual person.

How is Leer Vertiner's bank?


Leer is, first and foremost, a roleplay character. So, if I have any objections to anything, it's like, what did you expect? 


I had to sub in another file for the "i" sample, and I still didn't get it sounding good after trying three different samples. The OTOs are a mixed bag, and the voice is a bit robotic. However, I know plenty of people who love robotic voices. It's a nice, deep voice if you like robots. (Also, the "r"s are correct because his voice provider isn't American if I remember correctly!)




Where can I download Leer Vertiner?


You can download him from his Wiki Page. The design is legit fire. The voice isn't the best, but the design does make up for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment