Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #123 - Willow Aether

Boy howdy am I worn out! I have fourteen uploads complete from since I started working after the internet came back. That sounds really impressive, but it's just because one of the UTAUs had eight banks. So, I didn't even get five articles done yet! Thankfully, I was able to find an UTAU I had written about that only has one bank to test. Yay!


Wiki Wednesday #123 - Willow Aether


I just did five articles, finalized, scheduled, on my computer! And, amazingly, this helps so much. I had thought that there was more information on an UTAU inside the bank than was on the internet, so I did save that one and did it completely on my computer. The thing is that it took less time, because I think I'm like sixty words per minute. On my phone, especially with having to wrestle auto-correct, I'm probably at a respectable ten words per minute. But, I can go anywhere with internet and sit on whatever surface. It's a cell phone, so the places with internet are almost limitless! 

Who is Willow Aether?


official art from wiki

Willow Aether is a cutie pie, that's what. 

I'm referencing the art on the wiki page. The icon may be something different. I love seeing art that isn't the best, but I can tell had so much love and heart put into it. You can see the mistakes, but you remember when you made them too. I can see all the heart and love that went into her art. And I see the eyes and think about how happy and proud the artist was of the eyes! From far away, they do look like a gradient!

Willow wears a modified, grey maid outfit. She has knee length light cornflower hair and red eyes. She is barefoot and her only accessory is a yellow barrette. 

Willow loves nature and hates yanderes. She loves calm things and the sky. 

Well uh… sure is nifty that her age is the same as the year she was released. '17. Not 2017, because it doesn't work then. Just 17. 

Her art looks too young to be seventeen, but I understand why fully because I was kind of in that problem with art also. Drawing a chibi style and then trying to make the characters look anything other than tiny baby is difficult. The key tell that Willow is meant to be older is her chest. But, for some reason I block that out and ignore it. Without that one feature, telling the age feels difficult.

There's only one bank to talk about, so there's not really much wiggle room for making the part I do on my phone shorter. I usually try to hit my minimum six hundred on my phone, so that I can be extra snappy with the samples and such.

I really like To Catch a Beautician. It's a new show on either VH1 or MTV. People who have had their hair wrecked go on the show, and the person who did it gets ambushed. But, it's okay because they learn how to do hair better and fix their mistakes. The last episode had the Beautician install a "male unit", which I've heard of as a toupee. It looked really funny at first, but then they cut it and it looked like real hair. Super crazy! 

It's a little funny because the guy wanted to be bald, but instead, they gave him a full head of hair. They needed to, though, because his skin got really messed up. He has discoloration and bumps and it was very sad. But they made him happy! He looked a famous actor with his new hair.

How is Willow Aether's bank?


I had a hunch, and I just wanted to test it. Willow is a rentan recorded as a CVVC. She had obviously made moresampler OTOs, but there were no VC in the OTO. Then I realized, it's because she had underscores in the filenames so that it was readable. I pulled out a file renamer and removed all of the underscores. Now, I'll run it through Moresampler to see if I get the VC I want.

It's hilarious how incompetent Moresampler is at times. It decided that "ya" comes from "kya". I couldn't do better than Kanru did, and Moresampler is from like a decade ago and has been abandoned. But still. It makes weird mistakes like that, and it's like "oh you, Moresampler! What a scamp!"

But, in the end, I was able to make a CVVC bank out of Willow Aether! If I wanted to do her up all pretty, it would be possible to do all of this by hand to avoid the whole issue with aliases being wrong.

Her voice isn't as kawaii as I was expecting, but it's still really nice! The tester UST goes a little lower than would be ideal, but her lower pitch is G3. Only a few of the notes in the tester are below G3.

If you are nostalgic for 2010, this voice will remind you a lot of that era. However... It's CVVC when you put the effort in! That kind of stuff was rare back then, so a bank like this is a treat. 


Where can I download Willow Aether?


You can download her from her Wiki page. I'm actually really happy I tried to convert her bank to CVVC. It turned out really well and healed me up from the article that had eight whole banks!

No comments:

Post a Comment