Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, July 16, 2021

Forgotten Friday #134 - Cure She's NICORA

 There will be two UTAUs from the same family in a row right quick. I apologize, but I am going so nyoom not thinking about these things!


Forgotten Friday #134 - Cure She's NICORA


This Chiquita was released in July of 2014. So, you know, last year. Haha. That was a joke, or as it is said in Japanese, superfluous speech. 

I know that, at the time of writing but definitely not as the time of posting, it is 2020. 2014 was a million years ago. That's hyperbole!

It is strange, however. Because Forgotten Friday was supposed to be about UTAUs from the very beginning. But, I have a feeling that to newer users, 2014 is beyond ancient.


Who is NICORA?


Official Art from Bank


Nicora is fourteen years old, just like Huya and RUKATA. She loves miso, noodles, and Huya. 

She hates all exercise except for swimming. Her weight is listed as heavy? So that's a hint as to why?

She is a one hundred percent normal human girl, but there are flowers growing from her eye. Let me note that I made a big to do about Huya's horn freaking me out. Humans are capable of growing horns out of the same material as our fingernails. It's rare, but it can happen. There was even someone on Dr. Pimple Popper who needed a horn removed from their head. It was just that the horn was skin colored that really bugged me.

Humans can't grow flowers out of their eyes. If that happened, it would be literally terrifying. But as an anime design, the flowers in her eye don't bug me at all the way the horn does. 

Nicora is a gamer. I guess it's meant to be a secret, but she is a real actual gamer.

She has a bright and cheerful personality. She makes a lot of sounds.

Google translate refused to translate "運動音痴" correctly. It said "exercise noise". It actually means a person who has really slow reflexes and is bad at athletics in general. She does care about her weight, but she also is just bad at anything related to exercise.

She had light blue hair. Her functional eye is teal, whereas her flower eye has pink flowers.

She wears a white collared shirt with what I believe are cap sleeves. She wears orange shorts with matching suspenders. She also has an orange bow around her neck and an orange bracelet on each wrist. One of her bracelets has a cord attached to it that seems to be attached to her sleeve. She wears brown boots and wears navy stockings. Her design is very similar to her sister, RUKATA.

I say sister, but it's only sister in the sense that they share a distribution site. RUKATA is a robot. They didn't enter life through the same gateway.

It's not really mentioned, but I believe that there is an Android version of NICORA named mini NICORA that was created by the same person as RUKATA. No one knows who made RUKATA, though.

And… I think I said everything there is to say without opening the bank and scouring for any thrown away information. You might notice that I never list the height of the UTAUs. I could start doing that, but I really don't want to because I cannot visualize lengths. Feet are easy enough for me. I'm 5'6'' or 5'7'' depending on who is asking. If someone is taller or shorter than me, I get it pretty easily. But I just can't with centimetres. I have cognitive difficulties. 

As a note, learning disorders aren't cognitive difficulties. I have one of those "well technically" things going on where I likely wouldn't meet diagnostic criteria. However, I lose my memories really often. And part of it is the whole losing memories thing. However, this is the second time I remember that I've used it incorrectly. I just googled it this time to make sure of what I was saying.

How are NICORA's banks?


Nicora has a CV and a VCV bank. Both are just one pitch.

Her CV is painfully adorable and is like a less annoying Teto! 


Her VCV's OTOs weren't finished. There's randomly samples where the preutterance comes before the consonant even starts. The voice is more realistic, but it has a bit less energy and takes way more work to use. (At least, the first use will take way more time! After that it will be just as quick as any other VCV bank you're using!) I still like it, though.


Where can I download NICORA?


You can download her from her distribution page. She's a really nice UTAU!

No comments:

Post a Comment