Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, July 30, 2021

Forgotten Friday #136 - だすこ*ちゃん / Darso-chan / Dasco-chan

 I had just pushed Wiki Wednesday out all the way to January of 2022, and I was so excited to get on the train to getting Forgotten Friday to the same place. There's an issue, though. I need to do twenty-four articles to get all the way out there. One word doc has eighteen drafts ready, and another only has three. The one I was writing based off of the original spreadsheet has seven ready. So, technically I do have enough written to do it... but wow, that's a lot. Or is it if I can do six articles in a day? At that pace I could do it.


Forgotten Friday #136 - だすこ*ちゃん / Darso-chan / Dasco-chan


So, I am fully aware that giving details like "I just started a new word document!" is at best confusing.

I wrote some articles on my phone and then moved to my computer to process them. (It also stopped me from binge eating! Yay!) I got ten done and had just saved the icon to upload for the 11th article when the internet went out. Oh joy.

Well, I sucked it up and drank some coffee while I watched Drag Race: Vegas Revue

I thought about it, and I'm in a zone. The articles are of lower quality. I tended to go deep into small details in the how is the bank section before, but now it's a simplistic mess that says almost nothing. And I think that's probably okay.

I don't really know how to explain my specific anxiety around my blog at this moment, because it's not normal anxiety? Like, it's a wall. And I can one by one remove bricks. And every brick gone makes my insides feel a little happier. So, a ding in quality for happy insides? I'll take it.

Who is Dasco-chan?

Official art from site

I think it's romanized as Dasco. 

So, as far as her design goes, I love it and it is perfect except for one thing. The hands! As far as ideal proportions go, they look to be correct when using heads as the standard measurement. The issue is that they don't fit the rest of the body. 

I'm not sure if it was a stylization deal or what, but she does have yaoi hands. But if you just ignore the hands, her art and design is literally perfect and I would change nothing.

She is fifteen years old and loves cream soda. 

I think that "特徴" is kind of meant to say personality traits here? If it does, she has the best personality and I want to adopt her and protect her from the cold, cruel world.

I believe that it's meant to be read that her personality is gentle and cozy, but she's a real airhead and a little dense. I really, really just want to make sure nothing bad ever happens to her, because she deserves all the best things life can give her. 

For all the love I have for Lolita fashion, I could not for the life of me figure out how to describe her dress. So I found a blog post! 

First, you can tell that the outer layer isn't connected to the shirt itself because there is a scoop neckline that separates the outer layer and the underlayer. The inside of that scoop is the same color as the sleeves. Are they cap sleeves or princess sleeves?!

Is it a one piece? Is it a jumper skirt? I still haven't figured out what the outerwear is. But it's so adorable and brown and beige. She has a big red bow around her neck and big slouchy boots that go to to her knees!

Her hair is yellow and the style is adorable.

As a small and slightly concerning note, the website or team looks to be called chocolate colored honey? There are honey varieties that are as dark as molasses, and apparently they're really healthy for some reason. The darkest according to the information card on Google is buckwheat honey. 

Huh. I guess I can't have honey anymore now that I'm vegan. It's not a big deal because we don't keep honey in the house at all. Honey is high fodmap. But it's still crazy to think that the same bees can make light honey and dark honey. It just depends on what they eat.

How are Dasco-chan's banks?


Dasco-chan has two banks: a CV and a VCV. Both are only one pitch. 

Her CV is adorable and precocious. She somehow is calm and spirited at the same time. Her voice is so silly and sweet! I used an over-tuned UST for the funzies, since I had a feeling the VCV would be third verse same as the first.



Her VCV does have some spots where it may be iffy, but I don't care. I love her. She is yelly but still sweet and quiet and I don't even know. You like young female voices that have personality and are adorable?! Download Dasco-chan.



Where can I download Dasco-chan?


You can download her from her website. I love her very, very much. I should redo that last sample, but dang it, it's good enough and I'm on a time crunch. I guess that's an excuse for you to download her and try her out yourself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment