Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Wiki Wednesday #224 - Yuu Asakeru

 the Russian Fandom looks like so much fun to be in. Always high quality with great art and a sense that everything is a collaboration. Maybe I'm completely wrong because I've never asked if it's actually like that.

Wiki Wednesday #224 - Yuu Asakeru

Many utaus are stated to hate stupid people. To which I say... Hey :( I'm trying here.

I didn't expect Yuu to be fourteen based on her art.  She loves playing ball with her best friend and eating apples. 

Who is Asakeru Yuu?

Official art from wiki. The lines look to have anti-aliasing and look too perfect to be hand inked (the anti-aliasing is what would make it too perfect) but that coloring has to be traditional and I AM IN LOVE with the art.
.

Again, it is fictional Ouura.

The speech therapist looked like she was going to cry.

I gently rolled my fingers over the buttons on my click box. I clicked and let my phone translate: "Did the Little Girl, braider of flowers, love her parents?"

"Yes… did you?"

"Legally, I'm an orphan." I shrugged. "Both of my biological parents disowned me and signed away my rights. My mother never legally adopted me."

"Oh."

"My mother didn't force my sister to have surgery, but she pushed it. Now, my sister is in The Union, spending her vacations with captains."

“Minha Luna…” She nodded her head. 
“It’s almost difficult to believe.” She sighed. “Even if Minha isn’t high ranking, she’s famous for just how often she is rubbing elbows with the top brass. Did you know that she convinced a captain to go with her on a vacation? It was an absolute scandal here!”

“She told me.” I laughed. It finally stopped hurting to laugh. “She didn’t know there was a scandal.”

“The captain didn’t know there was a scandal either as far as I know. Drama travels fast and reverberates through the metaphoric walls of this planet. But those walls keep it tidily trapped here.”

“Uh huh… There will be a lot of gossip surrounding me, won’t there?”

She looked sympathetic as she mulled the question over. She searched for the correct answer, and I let her squirm. 

Of course, the basic gossip would be about me being ‘an alien’ and only being beautiful because of extensive surgery. But what would they pick up on after that became tired? I was never going to give up my hobby of game design. Maybe they would scoff at my ‘masculine’ hobby. Maybe they’d laugh and call me barren when I couldn’t give George a child. (He did not want a child under any circumstances.)

“I…” She looked down at her desk. “I think they’re going to hate you.”

“What?”

“I think you’re a wonderful person who deserves all the love in the world, but I have seen you in the process of your transformation. They won’t ever realize you spent months as a snake person, or you had times where your nose was some weird contraption with metal straws. They’ll just see the stunning woman you will be, funding her life with more money than they’d ever see in one place.”

She was right. The doctors thought I was joking when I asked that they make me ugly and non-threatening. I genuinely meant it - I did not want to be the target of any kind of jealousy. I didn’t want people to look at me and think anything other than ‘oh. That’s sad.’ But, of course, my emphatic request was ignored.

“I’m going to wear frumpy clothes.” I nodded as I made my declaration. “I mean, what does my face matter if I look like a middle school boy from the neck down?”

She laughed. “They would just think you were mocking them! ‘My face is so beautiful, I could wear a potato sack and be stunning!’”

She was probably right. I looked up at the ceiling as I tried to think of a way for me to get no attention. Being too frumpy would draw attention to myself. Being too polished would bring attention to myself. What wouldn’t?

“Our time is just about up.” She slowly stood up and gestured towards the door. 

How are Yuu Asakeru's banks?

Yuu has a CV bank and a VCV bank, both of which being one pitch and romaji encoded.

The otos have the standard issues in the CV bank. Her voice is soft and sweet and good, but it is rather noisy in a way that feels harsh.



The VCV oto file is very good! The harshness from the CV bank is gone, and her voice sounds beautiful, though maybe more mature than her character description would imply. There is a weird thing where it looks like some liquid consonants have a pause, but it makes her sound unique and isn't always the case.



Where Can I Download Asakeru Yuu?

You can download her from her Fandom page. She is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment