Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Wiki Wednesday #256 - Numo Hibiki / 響ぬも

Yay! With this, I am all out of stories for wiki Wednesday and need to write more! It's 9/15/23 at time of writing, so this was written very far ahead.

Wiki Wednesday #256 - Numo Hibiki / 響ぬも

This is NakotoAme's first ever utau! She is a tween who likes mango. 

Who is Hibiki Numo?

Art from Bank
.

One-fourth Siren, part five

As I stopped coughing, I looked up. One of the kids from the group was standing above me. They were grey and shiny like a dolphin, but had a human face.

"Thank... You..." I collapsed, looking up at the blue sky. "I... They don't want me."

That magnetic feeling was gone. I felt nothing for the ocean.

"Tilly!" My dad cried out as he bounded towards me, my mom not far behind.

I sat up and hugged my legs close to my chest. "I'm sorry."

"No, no..." My mom whimpered. "This is our fault!"

I shook my head and slowly stood up. "I know what I am, kind of. The siren told me that I'm an enemy to the siren - my siren blood is irrelevant because to them, I am an enemy."

My parents were dumbfounded.

I closed my eyes. "I never want to see an ocean again." I gestured at the shocked children from the group. "They can't help me. They have their struggles, but they aren't my struggles. But at least, I know what I am!"

My parents tutted and gently guided me away to their car. That was that.

We spent another night in the hotel before heading back out. I still didn't feel that magnet towards the sea.

"You know," I sighed as I got into the back seat. "If she wanted me, she could have used her magic."

"Tilly..." My mom took my hand as my dad was packing our luggage into the trunk. "She was only half siren. We tried - she took me into the ocean and tried to let me breathe underwater. It worked for a few seconds, and then I almost drowned."

"She was hated - she was a disgrace - why didn't she come to live with us in Wyoming?" I was on the edge of crying.

My dad stepped behind my mom and put his hands on her shoulders. "She tried - she couldn't go back to her siren form the entire pregnancy, and it was killing her. She needed the ocean to survive."

They were right. I knew they were right. I took a deep breath. "I just want to go home."

They nodded. I didn't even want to look at my tablet. I just wanted to go home. I contorted myself the best I could to curl into a ball while wearing my seatbelt. Then, I sneezed. There was no water. There were no crabs. I looked up at my parents, who both looked extremely shocked. My dad was driving, so my mom just looked back at me.

"Tilly, does this mean...?" She didn't know if she should be excited.

I limply shrugged and curled up even tighter. "It would be wonderful if it did."

We all sat in silence. Though, something in me felt warm. I unfurled myself and grabbed my tablet. I put in my earbuds and started watching videos again.

I guess, I was happy I couldn't be a siren.

The End


How is Numo Hibiki's bank?

Numo has a single one pitch cv bank. There's no oto, but amazingly there are hiragana encoded samples. Also, the r samples are correct?! Other than not having otos, this is a wonderful CV bank with a lovely soft voice.


Where Can I Download Hibiki Numo?

You can download her from her Wiki page. I'm shocked at how awesome she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment