Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, May 3, 2024

Forgotten Friday #280 - Edelstein's カフィン / Caffin (caffeine?)

 I think that these utaus are meant to represent chemicals? Caffin is how you say caffeine in English, but the Japanese word comes from German.

Forgotten Friday #280 - Edelstein's カフィン / Caffin (caffeine?)

Caffeine loves all kinds of teas. I guess they don't like when people talk about the popularity of Boba tea.

Getting this bank was a pain. As Reggie says, you need to keep the faith. So I won't spoil the fun of searching for it... But I had to use Google lens because my Japanese had atrophied that badly.

Who is Caffin?

Art from site
.

Tobias was sitting in Charlotte's office when she walked in.

"Sigurd!" Charlotte rolled her eyes as she ground to a halt. "What if someone else had walked in?!"

"Elf magic," he laughed. "Besides, I'm in my human form. What is there to explain about some random man being in your office? You run an entire school, I could be any kind of contractor."

"Uh-huh." Charlotte chuckled as she made her way to her seat. She mused as she sat down, "Because every plumber could walk the Paris runways."

"So, all is good on the McKenzie front..." Tobias shrugged. "Except, I would need to make up with Veronica."

Charlotte sharply exhaled. "You can't do it?"

Tobias shook his head. "I'm thinking we get her something with a three foot, total blocking radius. I set up the classroom myself..."

"Yeah, you did." Charlotte was visibly confused.

"If I were to make a suppressor that couldn't totally block magic around her, it would probably weigh a hundred pounds." He leaned back. "Elf magic is easy for me to block, that's why it just takes one little medallion. All magic at all times? Not as easy."

"But why her?" Charlotte rolled her eyes. "Aren't there other options?"

Tobias laughed. "Do you really think any elf is about to take a check from this school?"

Charlotte groaned. "I don't remember you ever leaving the containment zone. How do you still know Veronica is still in business?"

"She sends me passive aggressive Christmas cards." Charlotte waited for him to reveal he was joking. He continued, "no, literally. She would address them to Connie, but include 'care of the house elf'. The cards were written so that you'd never know she was an elf, which made all of the bragging more impressive. She married a normal human and has kids now."

"I thought that..." Charlotte was again confused.

Tobias shrugged. "Char, I'm not representative of all elves. Also, I'm pretty sure I lied to you."

Charlotte shrugged. "I probably should have assumed that other elves could have kids. How did she get away with having half elf kids with a human husband?"

"Her husband thinks her company just makes jewelry." Tobias laughed. "She was able to implant elven suppressors basically as soon as she brought the kids home. Then, they were just normal kids."

"What about the implants we put in babies?" Charlotte tilted her head.

"Those are for normal children." Tobias shook his head. "Putting that on her would just make her normal, but the problem is that she's afraid of her magic and it feels hostile to her."

"You're right." She nodded. "Besides, it's a whole government thing. I can't just walk into a hospital and steal one."

"Exactly." He sighed. "Any advice for when I'm face to face with her?"

"Did you two..." Charlotte gestured questioningly with her hands, "have like... An involvement?"

"Oh, no." Tobias forced himself to laugh. "It's just that she thinks it's hilarious to pick on me for being a house elf."

How Is Caffeine's bank?

The bank is a two pitch vcv with a lot of extras. The voice is very high! It does not sound how I expected given the design. 


Where can I download Caffin?

Your journey starts on their official website. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment